Andraste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aghostpage.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,​

Nothin award winning lol, but I found this epitaph on a stone in a nearby cemetery a while back. Never took a photo of it or anything before. You don't see this everyday.. Here it is:​

000_021722.jpg

Consequently, there's a story that I've always heard in this area about an older man who became wealthy.
Towards the end of his life, he wasted all his money buying several different, elaborate gravestones so his family couldn't get any money in inheritance. No one really knows which one he's buried under. Most of them look similar, and if you see one you've seen them all. I know a "Burns" stone from a mile away. But this one's different in style and epitaph. Normally he's got a lengthy poem or bible quote etched in. The only reason I know (or I guess figure) that this is the same guy is because the name and dates are the same as on his other stones.

I don't know how much truth I can put behind that story, but I've heard it for years about Mr. Burns. Just thought I'd share the story to give a little more to the picture​

Thanks for lookin (^:
Take care​

INteresting stuff. I have heard that in some places, people will leave coins on the graves of wealthy, in hopes it will bring them good luck.
Thats why Im broke. :lol::lol:

Most reactions

Back