Epson R260 red-orange problems

Sw1tchFX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I didn't know where to put this.

I got an R260 and I use Epson paper, but when I use the epson glossy paper, all of my images come out with the red-orange tint to them. Black and white images don't even look black and white, it's more like a reddish sepia. when I use matte paper, everything looks perfect.

I don't have it set to high speed, I don't have edge smoothing on, and I do infact set the paper to the correct type when I print. Epson is bent on thinking the paper is the problem, but why would epson paper not work in epson printers?

I'll also add that everything is brand new, new cartriges, new printer, new paper.

OK this is gonna sound really obvious but are you upping the resolution before you print? You're prints are going to look off if you're not. You should be printing at about 300dpi.

Sw1tchFX said:
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I didn't know where to put this.

I got an R260 and I use Epson paper, but when I use the epson glossy paper, all of my images come out with the red-orange tint to them. Black and white images don't even look black and white, it's more like a reddish sepia. when I use matte paper, everything looks perfect.

I don't have it set to high speed, I don't have edge smoothing on, and I do infact set the paper to the correct type when I print. Epson is bent on thinking the paper is the problem, but why would epson paper not work in epson printers?

I have an Epson printer. I know that when you use different types of paper that pictures come out differently. I would suggest trying out Kodak Ultra Premium Photo paper for your High Gloss and use Epson Matte for your matte finish. I hope this helps.

By the way....I love my Epson printer so I am steering you in the right direction.

What printer do you have? I know the R200 works fine with Kodak paper, but the 260 doesn't work at all creating blotchy over-saturated prints with it.

Most reactions

Back