epson r280-red comes out orange

rtscribbs02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My Epson R280 printer won't print red anymore. I haven't had it for too long (less than a year). I haven't had any problems with the printer before yesterday. I'm using the same paper as I always do-Epson Premium Luster-and the Epson brand inks. I just changed all of the ink cartridges and ran every printer maintenance test available. I have looked at the several documents that I am trying to print on many different computer screens, some of which were recently calibrated. I have the latest printer drivers installed on my two computers, so that shouldn't be the problem. Any ideas what could be causing this to happen and any solutions to the problem? Thanks in advance for the help.

did it change since you updated printers drivers? The newest ones might have changed things...

Ok i have no idea about printers but im gonna take a stab at it, so take this with a grain of salt lol, anyway, is your red right next to your yellow? If so maybe their mixing beforehand or the yellow is leaking into the red or something?

How many red cartridges are there? Could one be not working?

there is no red cartridge-only cyan, magenta, yellow, light cyan, light magenta, and black. and it was working perfectly with the updated drivers.

have you tried giving your photos a green cast to compensate for the extra yellow (I may have the wrong color), to see if that fixes things. While this is not a permanent solution, it will tell you if the problem is hardware or software.

Mixing inks colors, compensation,... how about this SWAG;
Did you put the new cartridges in the correct slots? If so maybe you got a bad cartridge.

-Shea

it was happening before i replaced the ink cartridges so i figured they might be the cause and i replaced them. but, it's still happening

I had so many problems with my R260, that I just packed it up and now I get everything done at Costco. $0.17 for a 4x6.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back