Equipment Protection

St3phaniex3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just recently purchased a new dslr and was wondering what would be better for protecting my gear just in case. The seller offered a 3 year warranty but I was just curious if it would be better to shop around and get insurance through someone else. Anyone have any suggestions on a good equipment protection plan? I'm on a pretty tight budget though so nothing too expensive!

Extended warranties, for just about any product, are basically 100% profit for the seller.
So financial experts usually do not recommend buying an extended warranty.

Most homeowners insurance automatically covers any camera gear home owners acquire for personal use.
If you don't have homeowners insurance check with an insurance agent wherever it is you are about insurance for your camera.

Extended warranties, for just about any product, are basically 100% profit for the seller.
So financial experts usually do not recommend buying an extended warranty.

Most homeowners insurance automatically covers any camera gear home owners acquire for personal use.
If you don't have homeowners insurance check with an insurance agent wherever it is you are about insurance for your camera.

Ok thank you very much!

...Most homeowners insurance automatically covers any camera gear home owners acquire for personal use...
Check with your provider to be sure of the degree of coverage; many companies provide reduced or no coverage for gear once it leaves your property (ie dropped or stolen gear when you're shooting in a park may well not be covered). There is also usually a cap on the amount covered.

For non professional use get a personal articles policy. Don't rely on you homeowners policy. Mine is through State Farm but any good insurance company will have them.

...Most homeowners insurance automatically covers any camera gear home owners acquire for personal use...
Check with your provider to be sure of the degree of coverage; many companies provide reduced or no coverage for gear once it leaves your property (ie dropped or stolen gear when you're shooting in a park may well not be covered). There is also usually a cap on the amount covered.

I was looking into PPA and since I'm a student I get a discount but need to look into the policy a little further to make sure it will cover all areas I need.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back