Equipment, tools, gadgets and anything else.

tom_anderson18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I've had my camera for just over a week now and finally starting to understand various things, I've just bought a 'mini' tripod to help with macro photography and other things, I already plan on buying a full size or larger tripod at some point in the next month, I've bought several books on beginners photography. So now I'm looking for a bit of advice on smallish things (budget wise) I can be buying I can benefit from whether something like a reflector would be a worth while purchase I still haven't read up on what they are fully used for just that they are used to reflect the light, so anything that people can recommend from equipment to little gadgets/tools you find useful.

Also is it true that you should really narrow down what type of photography you do i.e portraits or sport events than keeping an open mind and dabbling in all areas.

Thanks in advance you have all been very helpful to me so far.

You can make your own reflector instead of buying one, if that helps. Do a search on here, I've seen other people mention it before.

A proper flash is super useful no matter what type of photography you do; depending on what your needs are perhaps a used one could be found at a low cost.

What about PP software? I don't know what you have, but if you don't have anything than take a look at GIMP.

Thanks for the info, I already had photoshop prior to getting into photography (use it for the web design part of me), as for a proper flash at the moment I only have a bridge camera the Fujifilm s2970 and I don't think I can use external flashes although I plan on buying a DSLR in the summer once I have gotten used to and better at photography using my current camera. Kerbouchard you mention the calibration target but what exactly is it used for ?

Also could someone spread some light on whether it is important to pick a certain style of photography or just keep on plugging away with taking pictures of whatever I like to.

Also could someone spread some light on whether it is important to pick a certain style of photography or just keep on plugging away with taking pictures of whatever I like to.
Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.

Keep shooting, eventually you'll figure out your style and what area of photography you enjoy the most. If you asked me 10 years ago, I would have said people but if you ask me today I'd say nature.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking just keep taking pictures of whatever I want and sooner or later it will appear to me what I prefer to shoot or what I tend to be better at.

Most reactions

Back