Erick - guy senior

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are just a few from a recent senior, great guy...

i might post others later, but in case here's a fairly random set:
Erick005e-sm.jpg

Erick027e-sm.jpg

Erick049e-sm.jpg

Erick043e.jpg

Erick063e-sm.jpg

Erick084e-sm.jpg

i noticed there's no smiling ones...one of those might come later, we'll see :)

all really nice shots...i think the back lit sun one holding his helmet would have worked better with a highway in the background instead of a golf coarse....it just doesnt go together....same with the last shot...just doenst mix.

Great set, he looks very comfortable in front of the camera...credit to the photographer.

hmmmm . . . number three looks like maybe it was shot midday with a big diffuser?

maybe next time have the kids dad (again, i'm just guessing its his dad) hold it a little lower so there isn't that shaft of light across his shirt. (does it matter? idk, just saying maybe)

good shots dan!

1,3 and 6 i like . . . and about what emogirl said, i disagree, but thats only because i know where this golf course is and realize how much easier it was to shoot there rather that find the urban landscape that you don't live near.

good job!

all really nice shots...i think the back lit sun one holding his helmet would have worked better with a highway in the background instead of a golf coarse....it just doesnt go together....same with the last shot...just doenst mix.

I disagree. I think having the bike on a highway would have been a gross looking photo. You're right that the golf and bike don't go together - but if the point of the portrait is to look good and show things that he enjoys - it may be perfect.

I like no.'s 1 and 6 the best though for different reasons.

For the shots that really capture your subject, #4 has, by far, the best light of all from this gallery. However i also like to see the guys dressed a little more formally than simply jeans and t-shirts so for that reason, #1 gets my nod. I must say though in #1 there is a little too much light/halo around his head, though it is my fav - great composition, colors and overall dress.

Number 6 is simply great composition and nice color. A really nice photograph all around, maybe not quite enough "portrait" for my taste, but i'm old and too traditional when it comes to portaiture anyway.

Well done!!!!

fm

Again another great series from you! My favorite is the first, but they are all wonderful

Nice work! Quick comment about #6: I like the composition and the light. If I were to compose it differently, I'd move him and the bike to the right so his head wouldn't get lost among the trees, the path/wall thing would frame him and the road would give it even more depth and act more as a leading line.

Keep em comin' buddy!

1 and 4.

1 looks straight out of a clothing catalog.

Most reactions

Back