Erie, PA Meetup?

I'm in...let me know when & where.

This weekend is out for me. and I belive I work on saturday next weekend but Sunday is mostly open. or the next week... (whenever)
I think meeting and shooting would be good... but where.... hmm...?

Plenty to do in Titusville if you live down here in Emlenton and ride a motorcycle. I've done plenty of trips up through Titusville, nice riding. Of course, I'm talking only riding through and not stopping to actually do anything....

I'm up for the riding but I'm not to good with the camera. I have 17 motorcycles and always ready to ride.
IMG_8850-1.jpg

I'm up for the riding but I'm not to good with the camera. I have 17 motorcycles and always ready to ride.
IMG_8850-1.jpg
17 motorcycles, nice!

You'd have to let me borrow one because I sold this guy a few years ago. I'll get another one when the kids get older. They still "like" Mom and Dad. I know eventually we will become the stupidest people in the world and they'll hate us, thus I'll have plenty of time to ride again, LOL.

20030606Bikeglades02.jpg

Today (saturday) is supposed to be decent. I am thinking about hitting the zoo in the afternoon if anyone is interested post here or email me..

Today (saturday) is supposed to be decent. I am thinking about hitting the zoo in the afternoon if anyone is interested post here or email me..

I can try to make it but have a busy day planned. feel free to email me if you'd like to meet up sometime and maybe we could become friends. I'm usually up for meeting people interested in my hobbies

lol... I sold my bike for a camera...
Technically, I sold my bike for an RC airplane. Needed the money, but also needed an outlet after work that I could do with the kids around. Flying an RC airplane (small electric) in the back yard (with about 200 acres of field behind it) sounded like a great solution over not having the time to leave and go for a ride on the bike.

Technically, I sold my bike for an RC airplane

I always wanted an RC Airplane... that could be a fun time... Im sure i would hit something with it...like the ground...

Today is sunday... I spent all day yeasterday drinkin and workin in my yard... I wanted to get out to shoot some stock stuff (mushrooms and flowers) but never got to it...
How was the Zoo?

Zoo wasn't bad. I mainly went for macro shots but the darn wind was blowing the flowers around pretty bad. I think I stayed about 30 min and bailed.

Technically, I sold my bike for an RC airplane. Needed the money, but also needed an outlet after work that I could do with the kids around. Flying an RC airplane (small electric) in the back yard (with about 200 acres of field behind it) sounded like a great solution over not having the time to leave and go for a ride on the bike.

I use to fly RC as well but switched to high powered rockets now as a outlet. I need to make it out to more launches so I can practice getting some nice liftoff shots.
rocketlaunch2-may-09026.jpg

Most of them look like this.
rocketlaunch2-may-09034.jpg

I always wanted an RC Airplane... that could be a fun time... Im sure i would hit something with it...like the ground...
I hit the ground hundreds of times. I've planted the nose of the plane 4 inches into the ground, pulled it out, and tossed it back up in the air. There are good planes for beginners who will hit the ground. Clear packaging tape is a beginner RC flyer's best friend. I'm 37 (35 when I flew the RC plane) and I've spent many afternoons trying to climb trees like I was 12 again to retrieve the airplane :mrgreen:.

I had visited the Erie zoo about 3-4 years ago. It's a very nice zoo. I liked it better than Pittsburgh of which we visited last year (I'm about halfway between Erie and Pittsburgh.) I think we saw more at Erie.

Buddy of mine from work should be there at the Erie zoo in another hour or so. His kid's preschool class has a field trip there today.

Few pictures of mine from up there in Erie here, though not the zoo.... Couple of shots from the lake splattered in the middle of some more local shots down here at Lake Arthur.

I always like rocketry as well... but never got into it either... I did put a point on a small engine once put a wick in the other side and shot it out of a long copper pipe into the neighbors corn patch... it smoked for awhile... didnt burn the corn down though... I should have pointed the pipe up in the air... I did that once, same idea but packed gunpowder in the open end of the engine and shot it afew yards over... sounded like a shot gun after it hit the ground...

Anyone still shoot in Erie? :D
I was just up in Erie a couple of weekends ago.....

20090730DSCF1374.jpg

20090730DSCF1408.jpg

Couldn't zoom out with my little superzoom fast enough for this one...

20090730DSCF1412.jpg

Most reactions

Back