Erika and Emma...

plumkrazy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
They were under an umbrella in the middle of the day so that created soft lighting over them, but the background is very contraty and distracting. I kind of like this pose of them together like this so I wanted a critique on the composition.

baby.jpg

what aperture were you using? that might have affect the look of the background. If you used something around 2.8 on a 150mm telephoto, it would be completely blurred. That should help to do that, either a smaller aperture or a longer focal length. Also, an lense's 'bokeh' (the quality of the out-of-focus parts of an image. if a lens has good bokeh, the out of focus highlights, like light coming through trees, will be a blurry ball, but a lens with not so good bokeh will have more distinct circles where the highlights are) will greatly affect the image. as for the subject, i think it's great. the composition on this is nice, the contrast is good (might be a little too much in some areas, i would like to see more of the mom's (?) eyes.), and the toning is nice. this shot could also work well with a looser crop (not to say that it doesnt the way it is). nice shot

Most reactions

Back