ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got back 3 cameras I sent to Essex Camera Repair at camerarepair.com

I haven't run any film through them yet, but I can already tell it was a good move to send them to these guys.

They fix all sorts of cameas; there are 100's listed on their website. They cost the same or less than any other repair service I had inquired about. They were able to repair all 3 cameras, and have them back to me in about 2 weeks from when I sent them. They responded to all of my emails very quickly.

And best of all, these cameras are clean!!! The Widelux and the Rollei look brand new. They all appear to have the problems fixed, and the viewfinders are super-bright, there's no dust anywhere, etc....

I'm giving these guys a big thumbs up for camera repair. Much better than any repair service I dealt with when I work at the camera store.

Matt, have you had an opportunity to test the equipment they repaired for you.

I have a few cameras that are in need of repair. One is a Rolleiflex Baby 127 that the film advance slips near end of the roll. And the other is a Canon A-1 that the film advance shaft broke away at sprocket and drive pin area.

I do not know if they are worth fixing.

hi,

regarding camerarepair.com. i had an odd experience just this week. i purchased a f2as, (ebay). i had some vignetting around the edges of viewfinder. (mirror, or penteprism).

when i called i asked specifically if this were the penteprism, or mirror. i was told it could be fixed, was the mirror. i gave the ok. (also, i asked a cla be performed, etc.).

received camera back. where 'remarks' are indicated it simply states: light leak.
I phoned and was told the light shield was replaced. i asked if a cla was performed, was told yes. asked about penteprism, was told cannot be fixed.

my experience with any repair is it is always itemized, stated clearly in the receipt i receive. also, labor/parts reads: 0.00.

i cannot tell if it is simply lack of attention to detail, or if the technician simply checked for an obvious problem, found a light leak.
(i also sent a note asking them to look for this problem as well as the penteprism/vignette problem, and a cla). yet only the light leak was mentioned on the work order.

camera was in excellent cosmetic condition, so i cannot really tell if it was actually cleaned, cla'd, etc.

they appear really competent on paper, and from what you have said i can assume they are, but there are always mistakes made on occasion.

question: on your receipt did they specify/itemize the actual work they did on the cameras? cla, parts, etc?

thank you,
richard

Most reactions

New Topics

Back