Eureka Tower (light rays and birdys)

Aaron_C

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The eureka tower is melbourne. The same time every morning it refelcts the sun, i happened to be there on a very foggy morning, and i took this just as it was clearing (hence the density in the light rays).

eurekatowereo5.jpg

what do you think?

Welcome to the forum! Thats a great shot, excellent capture with the birds! My only complaint is it seems a bit tilted? That could just be lean in on your verticles...Im not sure. Keep up the good work!

Nice shots, whats your equipment? Looks like you have a little noise in the sky. And yes, it is a bit tilted, that could be corrected. Your river is sloping lol.

lmao someones having some trouble working in 2D today lol. Dont fix the river.

lol mysteryscribe , was thinking the same thing before reading your post...

one or the other here.... but still a very interesting shot!!

Nice shoot, Looks like you used a wide-angle right lens? Also you seem to been holding the camera at a combined angle to left and up. This is what is causing the odd lines. Any time you tilt a camera up at tall object they will appear to leaning backward. To stop backward tilt you need to keep the film or sensor parallel to the subject. I know that is easier said that done. You can fix this some is Photoshop with Free Transform and the Distort or Wrap options.

Unless it's a 4x5 SLR

I once shot a two story nursing home from the bed of a pickup with an eighteen foot step ladder in the rear. Very little distortion but one terrified photographer.

Does the graflex 4x5 slr have tilts and swing... I honestly dont know if it does on not. the only one I ever saw was in a photograph. You know how those things lie.

You can always crop to get your river "fixed" and then isolate your buildings that are past vertical and use free transform to realign them.

Well lotta work, when poster said------> """"" The same time every morning it refelcts the sun,""""" Might be easier to return to the scene of the crime...

Needs to be cropped so everything isn't leaning. Excellent shot though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back