Euro Trip

dan.rpo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a nikon d40, along with my 2 lenses, a flash (which will be purchased very soon) and a tripod.....i will be leaving for a month trip in europe and do NOT want to lug around my camera back pack! i want my camera and one good, all around "travel lens"....since my camera will only AF with AF-S lenses, which lenses should i be looking into?

i like the zoom of my 55-200, but dont want to be swapping it with another lens (my 18-55 kit lens). i know there is an 18-200, but that lens is $100 more than i paid for the camera kit itself! i was reading up on the 18-105, 18-135 but i havent read anything good (mainly by ken rockwell)

suggestions?

Yes, get the 18-200mm. The focus is a little soft but it's about perfect for your trip. It's fairly light too for a lens with that kind of range.

Lenses last a lot longer than camera bodies do. They also hold their value better. A lens that only costs $100 more than your camera body is nothing. Such veratility as the 18-200 offers costs. Your alternative is to take 2 lenses and switch as needed.

Sports photographers routinely have lenses costing thousands of dollars more than their camera bodies.

oh theres no doubt about that, that i knew..but in my position, i cant afford to spend $600 on a lens right now!

Most reactions

Back