Evening light through the clouds

Tony S

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out on my run tonight which had me outside to see the clouds part and show some nice evening light on Mt Rainier. It is always worth it to carry my camera around when I go for a run or walk.

397834800.jpg

I am sitting here in my work truck sweating my arse off. It is 95 degrees, 96% humidity. Feels like 105 with the heat index. Then I see a pic you post of snow capped mountains. Makes me wish I was there! My wife would love it up there. She loves the rain. When is the "rainy" season up there? I would love to come visit during the rainy season for her.

John, its the rainy season all year long here in the northwest. lol We have gortex for skin. Yesterday when I took this it was finally 80 out, but the clouds were rolling in bringing us some thundershowers this morning. Lots of snow up on Mt Rainier, at Paradise where there is usually less than a foot today there is still 94 inches on the ground. No drought or heat wave here. Shoot, even in Seattle the temp has only gone above 80 degrees for only "78 minutes" this year. We haven't even been able to get a sunburn. lol

Here's another shot from last night showing the whole mountain and clouds, this one at 100mm, the first was at 400mm. Excuse the text at the bottom, I was doing some lens comparisons and put that in there to keep track easier on side by sides.
397833782.jpg

Yeah...nice!

I read on the internet that the Seattle area has received only 79 minutes' worth of "summer" temperatures of over 80 degrees this year!! THat according to a local Seattle-area TV meterologist who has pored over the official weather readings and records.

Like the light and the soft tones. Well done.

Yes Derrel, for those of us who don't like the warm weather it's been a perfect summer so far. Tomorrow is only expected to reach the mid to upper 60s. I'll be enjoying it before I head up to Ketchikan fishing later this week, should almost be identical weather to what we are having here except I get to catch fish instead of trying to catch fish.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back