Evening/Night filters?

Ghost40

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,

First would like to say this ia my first posting here, as I have found this sight extremely helpful.
I am just getting back into photography after a number of years (not since high school). I primarily shoot landscapes and "around town" type stuff. But I am moving towards making this more than a hobby.
With all that said, what, if any, filters should I be using for night time shoots? I do a lot of city scenes, and star trail stuff.
My equipment is Nikon D40 , with the 18-55mm kit lens. This is my main camera. I use a FinePix 5200 for just some point a shoot stuff.

Thanks in advance

Can't image a filter for doing night shots. THe filters for digital work are few, polarizer and ND filters and they will increase the time for the exposure.

Don't know what cdrt filters are.

Hi Ghost40. Did you have a particular thing you were trying to achieve with the use of filters? As Ann mentioned I can't think of a filter just for night shooting. But I am no expert either. :D

Cheers
Jim

Check out the time stamp of the OP's post folks. This was dredged up by our latest necromancer, who has now been stomped back into the cyberdust from which it arose.

Check out the time stamp of the OP's post folks. This was dredged up by our latest necromancer, who has now been stomped back into the cyberdust from which it arose.

Saw that mate! Thanks. I only noticed his exploits after posting. We may never know if Ghost40 found their filters after all. :lol:

Cheers
Jim

good one Buckster. Missed that one for sure.

However, has anyone else noticed some strange thread popping up with an older date but no way to determine how that happened. For instance this one, how did it get back into the que?

good one Buckster. Missed that one for sure.

However, has anyone else noticed some strange thread popping up with an older date but no way to determine how that happened. For instance this one, how did it get back into the que?

Hi Ann. What happened was that someone was adding posts to old threads. He was upto 50 in about 10 minutes. That caused this thread and the others to be put into the new posts queue. Now that our friend has been kicked out - his posts are also gone. So all we have left is our posts and it looks like we started them over.

Make sense?

Cheers
Jim

Thanks, it was strange . I know that 123 person was digging up old post but these didn't have his handle attached. Ah, the light bulb just went on.

I usually look at the date, clueless why, just a habit but I missed it on this one.

Most reactions

Back