evening shooting

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While riding on a bike in a park I rode across the pond and I saw duck.. yes.. duck again... but I tried something new.. I wish the ducks were a bit sharper :(

IMG_0056b.jpg

oh btw. this one was taken with this crappy Sigma 70-210 about which i wrote in Discussions (Digital Section)

and then I decided to shot something still:

IMG_0091.jpg

this one was taken with a kit lens

The first one is a duck, the bird chasing the duck is known as a Coot, they are very teritorial and from what I've observed they like nothing more than chasing ducks :D

SteveEllis said:
The first one is a duck, the bird chasing the duck is known as a Coot, they are very teritorial and from what I've observed they like nothing more than chasing ducks :D

yes indeed :) the Coot was chasing this poor duck for a couple of minutes :D

cool shots mentos...... i like the reflection, well captured :thumbup:

mentos_007 said:
yes indeed :) the Coot was chasing this poor duck for a couple of minutes :D

They are sooo much fun to watch and have such weird feet :lol: Just back back off my hols on a river boat, we were throwing food to the coots whilst going down the river, taking photos of them running like loons on the water, I hope they came out :)

I love the shot you've taken by the way, coots are my favourite bird of the moment :) From the front they remind me of the Friday 13th and Jason films :lol:

The effect achieved in the first one is great. I really like that one! The background looks like pencil strokes! Very interesting!

So you can ride across a pond by bike?
Who are you!!!!! :shock:

mentos_007 said:
... I rode across the pond ...

:biggrin:

oh.... come one.. little mistake :) I ... passed the pond ... I was riding next to the pond? no no no.. .w8 a minute...

Hoppy said:
I really love the first one.!!!!!!!!!
It reminds me of The Impressionist paintings (which I also love)
I'm glad you posted it and didn't delete it!!!!!

honestly I wanted to get rid of it!

SteveEllis said:

And what does he expect to do with the poor duck, then, upon catching it??

very cool.. that first one is awesome.. love the oil painted canvas look of it :D
thnks for sharing :D

Most reactions

Back