Evening Walk

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Walking on the path by Lake Superior. Critique please!

Vacation046.jpg

I love the tone of this picture. Very calming. However, I could be wrong, but I feel like the focus should have been at the end of the path at the top right hand part of the picture. That would draw your eye into and around the picture more.

so what's the prize at the end of the walk? Where do you want our eyes to go to? Perhaps if you put a friend, dog, or cute child in the background...

Try the shot again when the light's coming through the trees onto the boardwalk.

With this one I am not quite so sure the distribution of sharpness (in-focus parts) works quite as well as you thought it would when you planned this. I am sure you decided that putting the focus on the foreground part of the boards, having less and less sharpness towards the back would be a good idea.

But I now feel that our eyes actually see different when we look into the distance (which to do we are invited here by the curved walkway leading into the woods in the background), we would naturally focus on the far and see things clear there.

Now, of course, a camera lens has the welcome option to turn these things around and to thus add a more exciting, different, maybe more abstract even element to our photos.

Here, however, and given the very prominent leading line of the walkway, I feel something is not right. I want to get out my glasses to see better, only to find I am wearing them already.

If there were something more than just the walkway and a pole, something more of a real SUBJECT, in the foreground then I would think differently, for then our eyes would want to explore that subject and would not care so much about the background, which then ought to be blurred. But not here, I'm afraid.

Most reactions

Back