events photography

rohitsingh1976

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First of all we have language problem but i trying my best.

I have canon EOS 1200d with two lenses one of efs 18-55mm MACRO 0.25m/0.8 ft, 1:3.5-5:6 IS II and other is zoom lense EFS 55-250mm MACRO 1.1m/3.6ft 1:4-5.6 IS II.

My question is I m event( specialy marriage ) photographer. Is my gears are ok with my profession or i have to buy more equipments? Kindly suggest me which gear helpful for me and how ?

You should consider flash, modifiers, light stands, a second camera body, and some way to duplicate the data for safe-keeping.

Have you noticed any particular issues that arise from not having a certain piece of gear?

I m beginner so dont have much issues. When get more experience then may be some issues can wake up.

So thank u so much for reply

I'm just a long-term amateur shooter. As it turns out, I shot a non-wedding church event just a couple of hours ago. The room was mostly dark, with stage lighting from temporary light stands and vertical lights along the walls (sitting on the floor).

The 'battle' for event photography, especially indoor events, is light. I don't think I've ever encountered 'good' indoor lighting. Either it's dark in one area and light in another, mixed light types such as florescent and sunlight in the same room, or even colored lights of various colors shining on the subject(s). Tonights' event was mostly back-lit, making accurate exposure for subject faces near impossible. When the subjects face is adequately exposed, the mostly-white background was 'blown out' to some degree. So I 'split the difference' and slightly underexposed the subjects and will correct the problems in post processing. Although an external flash would solve the problem, that was not an option. To get a couple of no-flash shots of three of the musicians in a very dark area, I had to shoot at ISO 16,000; f2.8; 1/100th to get a 1.5-2-stop under exposed shot I hope I can fix in post processing.

In short, indoor photography, especially in dark venues, is very problematic. It generally requires high-ISO capable camera(s), wide aperture lenses (f2.8 and wider, mostly), and shutter speeds faster than about 1/125th to freeze action. The camera and lenses you have can produce good sharp images. But in low light situations, you'll need to use an external flash to be able acceptable results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back