Events

Formatted

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jawns.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I seem to be creating more questions than answering them these days. So to contuine that theme, I'd like to ask the following. This is a purely a matter of interest question.

I was reading a few things around and about in the inter-webs about events photography. I shall be heading down to Henley Royal Regatta in the July and I intend of nabbing myself a nice spot and sitting there all week.

And I was wondering in the Summer if I could go to a cricket match a take a few photos. I'm sure I could. But what I really want to do is sit down around the boundary and take some photos of cricket.

If I was to e-mail a events organiser, what sort of information should I include? How would I go about it? Would I be expected to pay for the priviledge?

I've sent a few feelers towards my local paper and haven't got anything back as of yet. But I'm still young and I have plenty of years to pratice this. So could you older more experienced photographers point me in the right direction?

I seem to be creating more questions than answering them these days. So to contuine that theme, I'd like to ask the following. This is a purely a matter of interest question.

I was reading a few things around and about in the inter-webs about events photography. I shall be heading down to Henley Royal Regatta in the July and I intend of nabbing myself a nice spot and sitting there all week.

And I was wondering in the Summer if I could go to a cricket match a take a few photos. I'm sure I could. But what I really want to do is sit down around the boundary and take some photos of cricket.

If I was to e-mail a events organiser, what sort of information should I include? How would I go about it? Would I be expected to pay for the priviledge?

I've sent a few feelers towards my local paper and haven't got anything back as of yet. But I'm still young and I have plenty of years to pratice this. So could you older more experienced photographers point me in the right direction?

Yes it's ok but can you shoot at 600mm because thats what you will need for cricket, i shoot at Chesterfield (one of the nicest grounds in the country) it's got a small boundary these shot is at 600mm Vaugh out for a duck
http://gsgary.smugmug.com/Sports/Derbyshire-Phantoms-V/print0301-after/313638110_UVAB9-L.jpg
http://gsgary.smugmug.com/Sports/Derbyshire-Phantoms-V/print0311-after/313638430_fCcCo-L.jpg

I'm gonna buy a TC II when they release the TC III so that should give me alittle bit of extra reach. Some great photos there, I was wondering how did you get into the ground?

I'm gonna buy a TC II when they release the TC III so that should give me alittle bit of extra reach. Some great photos there, I was wondering how did you get into the ground?

These were taken with the Kenko pro 2x, I bought it to see if i would use it before i bought the canon 2x but i never bought the Canonn because the Kenko was so good and only cost £60, i didn't have any problem getting into the ground, just look pro wave what they think is a pass at them and walk straight in, if you get good shots next time you will get in no problem

just look pro wave

That's great advice until you get kicked out, and people such as yourself lead to the ban on cameras, authorization is easier to get beforehand, then an apology is to give posthaste.

just look pro wave

That's great advice until you get kicked out, and people such as yourself lead to the ban on cameras, authorization is easier to get beforehand, then an apology is to give posthaste.

Cameras are allowed, i just wanted to get in for free, now i get in for free

yep. strap on the old gears of war, ask for the press centre, and think of your favourite Peruvian publication;)

you do have to play it by ear a bit. Maybe it's easier here. Though you don't get access to the press junkets/facilities so balance that

by and large I'll go with the accreditation route but sometimes it's a short notice thing so just be prepared to be flexible in that respect.

So phone up, head to the press centre say your with a publication. Get in. Sounds good to me. Hope you lot aren't going to get me into trouble!

just look pro wave

The old saying is actually the opposite. It's easier to beg forgiveness then it is to ask permission.

:D

I do agree with kajiki. When I was a teenager in high school in France I made my own Press Passes so I could photograph different events. If you show up at the time of the event they don't have time to verify your credentials and most are so eager for the coverage they'll let you in. That is how I saw most concerts back then :lol:

The main thing is to look and act as if you belong. Unfortunately, that's the part most people have a problem with. Get a adaptable wardrobe and practice your BS is all I can say. 35 years later, I am still amazed at some of the events I got into.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back