Eventually received Nikon d7100

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After a slight (6 week) mishap,I finally received a d7100 yesterday. I had already purchased a 35mm dx f1.8 and a 50mm f1.8g. It will take me a while to figure out a lot of settings (I am more familiar with canon gear). I like shooting portraits and wildlife mainly (and a little of everything else) so I am off to a good enough start with the 50 for portraits

It will be a while before any more purchases are made but I am kind of set on the following. If anyone has any experience or comments or other recommendations I would be interested. From what I hear the 24mp can be unforgiving with some lenses. My wish list is in this order-

Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 OS C
Yongnuo yn 568
Sigma 70-200 f2.8 HSM OS

thanks for any input

I have the Sigma 17-70 and love it. I've had it several years and used it on my D90 as well as D7000 with zero problems.

I bought a sigma 2.8 70-200 used for $600.While I have zero complaints (actually,I love it),I bought it to hold me over until I find a great deal on the Nikon version.I have the d7000,and a couple d200's.

Congratulation on your new camera, I totally fell in love with my D7100 (something that never happened with the D7000).

Enjoy :)

I want one! I'll have to be patient though, so far this year I've enrolled on my photography course, bought a decent tripod Vanguard Alta Pro and last Weekend came home with the Sigma 17-50 2.8. My D5100 will have to do for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks all, any other input?

As far as gear recommendations I always recommend a Black Rapid strap, circular polarizing filter if you ever shoot landscapes, and an expodisc. Lots of practice obviously, find out what you love to shoot and research lenses that follow those preferences. Personally my 10-24mm gets far more use than my 35mm or 85mm unless I'm doing portraits, but I'm an ultra wide fanatic haha. Oh and a tripod is a great investment,personally I went with a Manfrotto BeFree due to its quality and portability. And acquiring camera bags has become a pastime of mine too haha, all are LowePro or Crumpler. That's a fantastic body that will take you a long ways so congrats and good luck on the road ahead of you.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Thanks all, any other input?
Well I love the lenses I have, I am not crazy about third party lenses, I have a Sigma but its gets the least use out of all my other lenses.
I love my 24-85mm VR, it just works so well on my D7100 even though lately I find myself working more with my prime lenses.
Also for me I dont think the 70-200mm would be enough, sometimes I wish I had more zoom on my 70-300mm

Hello everyone I have recently received a Nikon D7100 and I must say its far better than the early Nikon D7000. I have read lots of comparison between Nikon D7100 Vs D7000 but I must say the only big advantage nikon D7000 having compare to nikon D7100 is its battery life but it doesn't mean that the nikon D7100 has low capacity battery life. What do you think guys is nikon D7100 price worth the bucks ? I just read a great insight about nikon D7100 price and deal and also some valuable information in here - nikon D7100 price - hope this can help you as did for me :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back