Ever been published?

Don't put too much importance on "getting published."

100% agree. Although it is nice to get published, it is really not that hard. Study a publication hard enough and you can figure out what kind of shot to send them.

Not only that but it is sometimes the most obscure publications that will pay the best. Meaning that where no one will notice your photo, if it even gives you credit, may pay much better than some high class magazine.

Don't put too much importance on "getting published."

Why not Pete? Just wondering here ...

I believe Pete said it best when he said a lot of crap gets published. Do you want to be remembered for published crap or for unpublished amazing images? It really depends on what it is that gets printed.

I had a picture of a local fire in a local paper.

Interestingly enough though, people see my photos VERY often, but I don't even know if I could consider it published.

My pictures are used in ads ALL over the internet, seen literally hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of times.

Still, not a publication... but more importantly a job that can support my family. :)

Everyday :D

I do agree with Pete though that getting published isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. A great confidence booster, but not a requirement of being successful or even happy with the hobby/profession.

Most reactions

Back