Ever Photographed Anybody Famous?

I did have a couple chances, and was asked not to, so I did not... TWICE in the same day.

I was vacationing at the Half Moon resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Whitney Houston was my neighbor in the chalet next door, she was #1 and I tripped over Dan Marino on the beach at the same resort later that same day, asked to take his pic, he refused and I obliged.

A couple other "famous" people that slipped away...

I saw Jonathan Winters bitching out a sales lady for selling him a bad video tape at the same resort as above... I did not even ask him for his pic... he was MAD. :lol:

While living in Dallas, I bumped into Chuck Norris at a store he frequents... dammit, I had no camera with me at the time, we did have a chuckle, though!

Finally, during the filming of his film "The Art of War" here in Montreal, I almost ran over Wesley Snipes as he was crossing the street in Old Montreal (well not really ran over, but I did hit the brakes harder than normal... lol). I call out "Hey Wesley!" and wave, he comes to the car, asks me if we know each other, I say no, just that I am a fan, he shakes my hand, smiles, we exchange a few more fast words and then he walks on. Great guy!

Last edited:
Finally, during the filming of his film "The Art of War" here in Montreal, I almost ran over Wesley Snipes as he was crossing the street in Old Montreal (well not really ran over, but I did hit the brakes harder than normal... lol). I call out "Hey Wesley!" and wave, he comes to the car, asks me if we know each other, I say no, just that I am a fan, he shakes my hand, smiles, we exchange a few more fast words and then he walks on. Great guy!

I loved him in "To Wong Foo...Thanks For Everything." LOL. Seriously, Jerry, you really get around :D. The only famous person I ever even saw was one of the guitar players for Hootie and the Blowfish (we got on the same plane in Charlotte, NC). I was like, 15, and couldn't stop staring. LOL.

I did a session with John Kay, the lead singer of Steppenwolf.

His wife is a pro photog and she was showing me some natural lighting tricks for portraits.

Then we went fishing, lol.

I loved him in "To Wong Foo...Thanks For Everything." LOL. Seriously, Jerry, you really get around :D.

I've been fortunate in life, in any ways... oh, I also met Jean Beliveau of the Montreal Canadians while I played in a hockey tournament at the now non-existant Montreal forum. I was 14 at the time.

I also met Bill Gates... it was bad timing on his part, I gave him some major sh!t... lol

We shook hands and he signed a banner for me, still have that somewhere.

I wish my dad had at least a camera there for me that time. Man, a lot of lost chances!

As far as photographing many famous people, I am at 0-0, but I have dealt with many people in my business that are in positions of high power and/or are multi-millionaires. You do not treat them differently than anyone else... with respect, and they respond in kind. If they happen to be in your photostudio, they are there for a service. Deliver to them the SAME level of quality you deliver to all your clients and nothing can go wrong... unless you cannot deliver to their standards... LOL.

Last edited:
I photographed betty crocker and uncle ben ;)

Does it count if i'm a legend in my own mind?

I've missed two opportunities to photo some musical talents, but was a security director for one event and band-level "personal" security at the other. Didn't have a camera with me....

I've photographed Nichlas Lidstrom, Chris Chelios, Pavel Datsyuk, Hendrik Zetterberg, Johan Franzen.....

But it's easy to photograph these guys if you go to Joe Lewis Arena to a hockey game...

:mrgreen:

Famous in who's mind?

I have photographed tons of Bluegrass Music stars. On-stage, behind stage, out and around the crowd at festivals. But again, I ask, famous in who's mind? Some of the names mentioned earlier are "big" names, but the thing I like about the Bluegrass Music artists is that one minute I'm shooting them on stage, the next behind stage then I'm in the campground at a festival drinking a beer with them.

Yes, John Candy, Patrick Watson, Mother Teresa, John Howard Griffith and some others that I don't recall offhand. They were all quite nice although the "assistants" to the celebs can be a pain. I was photographer, director, and television camera operator in some of the work with these people.
skieur

David Allan Coe:

I have a friend that does promotions and shows. I've shot Mike Jones and Papoose. I shot Badfish last week. I'm going to contact The Dropkick Murphys about shooting them in March. Most of it's just artists doing their thing on stage though.

Just a couple :)

214739184_fDDPk-M.jpg

261890049_Zt3eF-M.jpg

272167625_RTuRW-M.jpg

(with Evan Bayh, D-Ind.)

270295663_igDuD-M.jpg

367440874_t9NN7-M.jpg

367451382_tfDFQ-M.jpg

(David Axelrod, chief strategist for the Obama campaign)

377935409_am8Uf-M.jpg

(Madeline Albright for the uninitiated)

Slightly vague thread. By photographed do you mean they had an appointment or you were in the pressbox with a 300mm lens? What do you mean by famous? Household name or otherwise famous?

I have had senators and regionally and particularly famous people in my "chair". Have to say they are a lot more photogenic then my commercial clients.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back