Ever Said No???

I don't usually turn down paying work, but I will set a price that compensates me for working with difficult clients or doing shoots I don't enjoy. I'd rather someone decide I was too expensive for them rather than tell them I don't want to work with them, but it's up to you to find a way to break it to them. Remember, you don't have to explain yourself, you just have to say, I'm sorry, I'm not available to do this shoot at this time. If a client asks me to do work that I just don't do, I would refer them to a photog in their area that I know is reputable and who is willing to do that sort of work (for me that's product/real estate photography) and trade clients like that. It's always nice to have fellow photographers who are willing to send work your way!

so she is now wants you at half the price.

Run, run away quickly.

I like g-fi " I"m sorry, I 'm not available". You don't need to expland or explain to her anything. That just digs a bigger hole to climb out of.............

I set a consultation meeting with clients before agreeing to anything. I have said no (in a nice way) to people in the past. And when I say "no", it's really me finding a way to do it without actually saying "no". Like inflating a price, or apologizing that I didn't realize I already ha the date booked (weddings)...stuff like that.

Trust me, there are bridezillas that just aren't worth ANY amount of money lol.

Here is my response. Just so you know, the things I listed are all true. Though it won't be every weekend that I'm busy, I still like to take some of the weekends that I do have off from work (whether my 40+ job or photography) to spend with family.

Hi {Name}

At this time I am going to decline for doing your family pictures. The rest of my weekends for the summer are filled with family being home from out of town, doing weddings under my tutor, and working.

I do have a number of friends who are very talented photographers that I would be glad to refer to you, and they have fair rates for doing family portraits.

Thank you for considering me for your pictures, I am sorry for not being able to help you all at this time.

I hope you and your family are having a very enjoyable summer!! :))

Thanks so much,

~{Name}

Most reactions

New Topics

Back