Every else plays football Thanksgiving Day

Algoessailing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
In a rush to take pics before the blizzard (in the backgroud) rolled in, I neglected to setup my camera properly, so there is some PS editing. I like this one though, what do you think?
[
12443198_img.jpg

A bit dark. Also seems as if there's some dirt/water (maybe on the lens or in the air) where the dark area of the first sail is. Maybe some noise, too?

It wasn't raining yet, was it? :?
Or is it scanned?

It is a little dark, my monitor at home seems to be much brighter than it should be (even prints come out darker than they appear), but, it was very overcast. The winds were blowing about 20mph, and it was snowing. In an effort to get the sails crisp (not blurred from the movement) I shot at ISO 1600. This explains the lack of brightness and the grain (i think). Trying to add light in PS just brings out the grain more, especially in the dark areas. I was really looking for some critique, and advice with this one. Is it possible to take a well exposed picture under these conditions?

Mo: it is digital not a scan, and it was snowing (the breakwall in the background was about 100m away with heavy snow just behind). I had a towel over my camera and head to keep it from getting snow on the lens, but there might be a few flakes that got on during the shot.

I have a really good noise removing tool that works perfectly. It is the best I've ever seen, and a Photoshop plugin. Its called Neat Image. Can I remove the noise in your picture to show you?

Mo said:
I have a really good noise removing tool that works perfectly. It is the best I've ever seen, and a Photoshop plugin. Its called Neat Image. Can I remove the noise in your picture to show you?

Please do. I'd be interested. Is this plugin free?

Mo said:

(In my best Curly voice) "hey Mo", do you know if this plugin works with Paint Shop Pro 7?

No idea, but it can also run as a standalone application. It is shareware, but a unregistered version works with some limitations.

Edited image:
I could fix it even better, but I just used automatic settings this time. Notice that the sail, hull and rocks now look much better.

New:
filtered.jpg

Original:
12443198_img.jpg

Mo, not a big deal, but that wasn't me who responded. and all I have to say is WOW! Huge improvment. thanks, I'll look into the software.

Most reactions

Back