Every photographer has one, don't they?

34815_10150380875760226_882565225_16867672_185198_n.jpg

In the back... orange shirt.... funny hat.

953753887_S7P9L-L.jpg

Same day

953753594_8eMXx-L.jpg

I'm not a photographer but I just made one. My old one was sans grip..

BVOpm.jpg

I just upgraded to a Canon EC-L style split prism focusing screen, modified and shipped from focusingscreen.com. Had to remove all shims (2 metal ones come standard with the camera and 2 plastic -and somewhat thinner- ones ship with the kit) to get it to focus perfectly (was front focusing). Very happy with it though, nice product and only about $90. The pictured Nikon 28mm prime is one of my favorite lenses from my FE2, now working well with the rebel as well (with a $15 fotodiox adapter from ebay).

Last edited:
Ok, so I just tried the pic in the mirror thing as I don't have one yet. It's not happening. First, the light is awful, second, I REALLY hate pics of myself! I'll try again the next time I'm feeling brave!

Ok, so I just tried the pic in the mirror thing as I don't have one yet. It's not happening. First, the light is awful, second, I REALLY hate pics of myself! I'll try again the next time I'm feeling brave!

My light was awful and I look terrible.. didn't stop me. Just say "F*** it"

Got one as an avatar which is the d3000 and here is when I got my d90 and my battery grip. I was so excited I had to play with.

selfshot by bluetibby1, on Flickr

I looked terrible but I didn't care!!!!!

Blue

My light was awful and I look terrible.. didn't stop me. Just say "F*** it"

Ok, just for you. I will come up with a better one soon, though!

1161203310_tfATs-L.jpg

In the back... orange shirt.... funny hat.

953753887_S7P9L-L.jpg
Is that from a TPF meet-up? Some of the faces look vaguely familiar...

Is that Spiffy Beth in the white tank top?

Here's one of mine:

Self 2 by J E, on Flickr

Here's one of mine:

Super bonus points for another film shot. I don't know much about the newer film bodies. Is that a built in motor/grip or is it for extra batteries?
Built in. Canon 1N RS. Basically a 1N with built in grip/booster and a pellicle mirror. 10 FPS, baby! And a mere 6 millisecond shutter lag in RS mode. (And that's 1990's technology. Digital is just now catching up.)

You betcha sunshine. :thumbup:

How the camera is held has a lot to do with how steady it can be held, thus affecting how slow a shutter speed you can use effectively.

Foot placement, weight distribution on your feet, and how you breath also effect the stability of a handheld camera.[/QUOTE]

You missed my point "Pumpkin" since were using pet names . I am saying that there isn't one way to do it. What works for me may not work for you. Think outside of the box. There is no standard/one way to do anything in this world. Just options. If there isn't an option you like, then create one. Some ways make it easier for some and harder for others.

Last edited:
Yup!!!

Took it when I first got the camera...I know, lots of lens flare. Lol

camerame.jpg

Most reactions

Back