Every photographer's greatest enemy...

HA HA HA !!!!

Chimps
201207532_aPTBq-L.jpg

I heard a great thing for cages was to use a really low f. Like using the 50mm 1.8 or even 1.2 if you are a bazillionaire. Open it all the way and shoot. If the bars are small enough they will blur completely away. Any experience?

hmm I have also tried zooming to get rid of bars, but it requires your subject to be a good distance back in the cage, whilst you are closer up to the bars (which is tricky when tigers have 2 sets of barriers!)

That Tiger shot is somewhat easily salvageable by selectively burning in the bars.

Metal does not burn that well - least not like rope

course if you mean ( as I think you do ) by some photoshop wizardry I am going to beg for details ----- please
:hail::hail:

about bars, i remember seeing in one of the promotional booklets in my 400D's box something taking these out of the picture with certain settings

Yea i think it was is IS lens booklet. I saw that too and the photo they show is the tiger behind bars. thats why i thought whoever posted that tiger behind bars up there, stole it from canon because it seemed IDENTICLE. but they are similar not the same.

What about street lights, road signs, parked cars... actually, almost anything that is there for cars but that is bright, ugly, and not hiden at all because it is made for drivers to see? I hate how cities are built for cars and not for people. I have heard some people say that this will not be relevant in thirty years as all those cars will look cool. Well this is only true if their exhaust gas doesn't kill us. And until then, it wastes some good pictures.
I think most people love places where there are few cars, or even not any cars.
I also hate billboards, trash, powerlines most of the time, and when you are a tourist going to see some beautiful building but get there and it's being renewed.
White sky is also bad, but most of the time if it is a day with that horrible light that makes everything look flat, i just keep my camera at home.
What did i forget...
Tourist Buses that unload packs of people right in front of you in the middle of a long exposure, or for that matter, any large group of people coming around in the middle of a long exposure.

Okay, i feel better now!

Of course there are times when all of those can be managed, even used to improve the picture. But in general, and not only when taking pictures, i am not a big fan of any of those!

For me my worst enemy is clouds and light pollution!

This is mostly because I like to do astrophotography, which is impossible to do on a cloudy night, and light pollution causes me to need to spend easily twice the time post processing to remove the pinkish/reddish gradient while keeping all the detail in the target object which can be especially tricky if its a red nebula.

I actually hate white skies and atmospheric haze when you take pictures of things farther away.

A UV filter will cut through haze and a polariser will help darken skies a little if there is a 'white out'.
Alternatively shoot black and white with an orange filter to cut through haze and red for really dramatic cloudscapes.

What about street lights, road signs, parked cars... actually, almost anything that is there for cars but that is bright, ugly, and not hiden at all because it is made for drivers to see? I hate how cities are built for cars and not for people. I have heard some people say that this will not be relevant in thirty years as all those cars will look cool. Well this is only true if their exhaust gas doesn't kill us. And until then, it wastes some good pictures.
I think most people love places where there are few cars, or even not any cars.
I also hate billboards, trash, powerlines most of the time, and when you are a tourist going to see some beautiful building but get there and it's being renewed.
White sky is also bad, but most of the time if it is a day with that horrible light that makes everything look flat, i just keep my camera at home.
What did i forget...
Tourist Buses that unload packs of people right in front of you in the middle of a long exposure, or for that matter, any large group of people coming around in the middle of a long exposure.

Okay, i feel better now!

Of course there are times when all of those can be managed, even used to improve the picture. But in general, and not only when taking pictures, i am not a big fan of any of those!

Ever tried photographing a busy street scene with a tripod and a very long exposure? The people miraculously disappear...

LF photographers often say dust in the film holders.

On the other hand, Michael Smith remarked that the amount of dust in your film holders is proportional to the amount you worry about dust in your film holders.

Ever tried photographing a busy street scene with a tripod and a very long exposure? The people miraculously disappear...

Ever tried making a bus dissapear? Or when those people are tourists and take pictures... with flash because it is night?
And in my experience, even one guy can mess us the sharpness. Though i have to admit that i never go for more than 30 sec!

Most reactions

Back