abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
440-p6316.jpg

440-6276.jpg

800-v-p6319.jpg

So anyhow,... these are Native American petroglyphs (rock drawings/etchings) estimated to be anywhere from 300-8,000 years old (depends on who you talk to). Nobody knows what the heck they mean or why they are there. Some seem to be in the 'Hopi' Indian style which is predominate in parts of Northern Arizona (about 400 miles away). The Shoshoni people of Death Valley claim they were made by their ancestors. Thousands of these drawings decorate the canyon.

Very nice sereis.You did a great job at capturing these carvings so well. I especially like the last one.:thumbup:

Great pics and you got the colors very well.
The last pic is my fav one though.

Wow, I'd be thrilled to come across something like this while hiking! Nicely captured. And I'm relieved to see that no 'yahoos' have defaced the area with grafitti or otherwise

I like number 2 also abraxas, very interesting subject!

I've noticed quite a few of your photos, as this is a path I would like to trod down. Always something meaningful in them to me.

Very nicely captured.

Very nice sereis.You did a great job at capturing these carvings so well. I especially like the last one.:thumbup:

Thanks.

Great pics and you got the colors very well.
The last pic is my fav one though.

Thank you.

Wow, I'd be thrilled to come across something like this while hiking! Nicely captured. And I'm relieved to see that no 'yahoos' have defaced the area with grafitti or otherwise

I think the key to the carvings being so pristine is that they are 10-20 miles back into a Naval Air Weapons Station- protected. Although I've come across a few sites while hiking, I've been trying to get to this one for over 6 years. Well worth the wait and planning.

I like the second one the best myself, I wish there was just a tiny bit more contrast it.

Thanks, I'll try it.

I like number 2 also abraxas, very interesting subject!

Thanks. This stuff sets me off for weeks at a time learning whatever I can about the area. (ie:now I'm learning about ther geomorphic/eco-features of the Coso and Argus mountain ranges- drool. :) )

I've noticed quite a few of your photos, as this is a path I would like to trod down. Always something meaningful in them to me.

Very nicely captured.

Thanks, I have a lot of fun doing this.

the last one has some mystery in it :)

Thanks KenCo, Alex- The last does it for me. I'm thinking of altering my approach to shooting these things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back