Everyone is doing it so I thought I would to!!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I've decided to start my own forum....group....on flickr ;)

But whilst I have an idea for the content and objective/aims I'm drawing a total and utter blank on writing a good group description!
And I think the group title might need some work.. so heeeelp!
So far I've got as far as:

The Wildilfe Project

Group aims:

The aim of The Wildlife Project is to promote and facilitate the exchange of methods and techniques used by photographers in the capture of their wildlife images.

As such we encourage contributers to the group to add descriptions to their images detailing the methods they used whilst in the field that enabled them to be in the right place at the right time to get the shot.

Allowed images;

All images must be of wild wildlife subjects, not zoo or tame indeviduals.
Birds, insects, fish and mammals are all acepted.

Allowed images;

Birds, insects, fish and mammals are all acepted.

Buddy, you are going to hear from the reptile crowd!!!

Cold-blooded animals have feelings too!!:lol:

darn reptiles! I thought we lost them all during that Ice Age thing!

thanks for the catch on that!

All images must be of wild wildlife subjects, not zoo or tame indeviduals.

:lol: Good call, Derrel. Sounds pretty good to me, with the exception of the typo in bold above. You don't want to make the description too lengthy, IMO.

Sounds like a very nice idea. I can see a lot of photogs joining.

Now I don't know how flicker groups work but I imagine you would have to act as some sort of moderator... Have you thought about how much time this could take? Of course this is not a very controversial subject so, it may be easy enough.

Good luck with it.

Yah I don't want a description too long, but I also need one that conveys enough clear info about the group that people are not left confused - a very important thing since I want the group to be a lot more about sharing techniques than sharing images.

And yes Cloud as the group starter I begin as the first admin - interestingly I can add more mods/admin, but once done I can't remove them - moderating should be fairly easy with hte biggest problem being checking the photo uploads to make sure that they comply with the group rules.

Ok so I've decided to start my own forum....group....on flickr ;)

But whilst I have an idea for the content and objective/aims I'm drawing a total and utter blank on writing a good group description!
And I think the group title might need some work.. so heeeelp!
So far I've got as far as:

The Wildilfe Project

Group aims objective:

The aim of The Wildlife Project is to promote and facilitate the exchange of methods and techniques used by photographers in the capture of their wildlife images, thus enabling us all to reach our objectives.

As such we encourage contributers to of the group to add descriptions to their images detailing the methods they used whilst in the field that enabled them to be in the right place at the right time to get the shot.

Allowed images Image types allowed;

All images must be of wild wildlife subjects. Birds, insects, fish, reptiles and mammals are all aceptable. Please, no zoo or tame subjects.

Here is my stab at trying to help.
Delete what I posted as red, and add the blue.

Thanks Pierre its sounding better already!

I DID IT
Flickr: The Wildilfe Project

now join join join!
Might need to get some more stuff up there - just to make it active, but still the hard part is over ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back