Everything edited?

here's a link to i think my only pre and post 'work'.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133151

I usually try to get the most out of the RAW adjustments, then in PS3 the usual levels, curves, sometimes shadow/highlight, smart sharpen, etc. I tend to stay away from spot editing as i'm not that good with doing so.

I, too, like to get the best i can out of the camera but most shots most people take i'm sure can benefit form a little processing just to fine tune the shot.

Post processing is also another skill a photographer should have i believe, it's nothing to look down at, or should be avoided but the less you have to do the better, imo.

Well said, and I would agree 100%.

For myself I shoot in RAW - so whitebalance, expsure, blacks, brightness, contrast are done in RAW processing (though of course not all the time and as I get better I find myself adjusting expsure less and less)
Shift into photoshop and auto levels is something that I apply to nearly all my photos as I find it helps a lot in briging out that extra punch in them - manual levels I also do when the auto mode fails me. After that brightness, contrast, saturation and noise reduction get applied. Finally the unsharpenmask is used.
I have experimented with autosettings in cuves and at the moment I will sometimes use them, but not always. Thanks to the one that posted the curves tutorial - helped me understand more what it was doing :)

I am still learning at both ends - camera and editing/processing - so I find I need less editing as time goes on and my camera skills imporove, similarly I find new ways to edit that add time to my editing, but are worth the time (IMO) to imporoving the photo

Personally, I think a photo that does not need any post processing/editing/tweaking/whatever you want to call it, would be a rarity and probably a little bit of pure dumb luck.

Most reactions

Back