hawkeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hate this time of the year :x

Theres no color anywhere and the sky is pasty white and dreary everyday :( It makes photography so hard

Theres no color anywhere and the sky is pasty white and dreary everyday :( It makes photography so hard.
Good time to capture diffuse textures like tree bark, erosion, etc... so zoom in and get abstract! Or you could FLY somewhere :greenpbl:

-Shea

I feel the same mostly. My city is dead right now, and everything is gross. Covered in pollution, grass is mushy and gross...and dead.

Plus, who wants to go out when it's crappy? The weather in my city is retarded. It rained today. It's winter in Canada...JUST SNOW ALREADY!!!

I feel the same mostly. My city is dead right now, and everything is gross. Covered in pollution, grass is mushy and gross...and dead.

Plus, who wants to go out when it's crappy? The weather in my city is retarded. It rained today. It's winter in Canada...JUST SNOW ALREADY!!!

Yeah, and we need rain soooo bad because we are in the drought of the century here, but I'm being selfish... i just want to see the sun again :(

winter weather is always crappy.

I had beautiful conditions this morning......for about half an hour.....then it went back to the flat white sky and deadness all around.

except the river, that is having a bit of a tiraid right now with all the rain we got.

over here there were some beautiful days (when I had to work) .. and now it is all grey and dull ...

Shake hands on this, hawkeye. Actually, this time of the year can veritably bring me down, depress me of sorts, what with the lack of daylight and nature being sooo dead, and the sky being sooo grey at almost all times. If at least there were some snow here to cover up all the death ... but no. Not even that. And we up north did not even get any of the beautiful days Alex got (and he's only a little over 300 kms further south!)

Thankfully, we have a pyro technician here in our village who creates his own fireworks, and he is hosting shows of his own works these days. The first show (yesterday night) actually enticed me to pick up the camera again (other than snapping Christmas family snaps), go out, and try my hands at capturing fireworks. Brought some colour into our lives here! Good!

Cool! I know a pyro tech that does our 4th of July parties every year. Pro fireworks are awesome. In the US, you have to have a license to make or purchase the larger mortars. Glad you got to see a little color.

We all need to pull together and tough it out until spring... its not terribly far away, only about 4 months..

All i could think when i read that title was that bit fromthe first ep of red dwarf where Holly is all like:

Holly: Good morning, Dave. It is now safe for you to emerge from stasis.
Lister: Haven't I just gone in?
Holly: Please proceed to the Drive Room for debriefing.
Lister: Where is everybody, Hol?
Holly: They're dead, Dave.
Lister: Who is?
Holly: Everybody, Dave.
Lister: What, Captain Hollister?
Holly: Everybody's dead, Dave.
Lister: What, Todhunter?
Holly: Everybody's dead, Dave.
Lister: What, Selby?
Holly: They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.
Lister: Petersen isn't, is he?
Holly: Everybody is dead, Dave.
Lister: Not Chen?
Holly: Gordon Bennett! Yes! Chen, everybody. Everybody's dead, Dave.
Lister: Rimmer?
Holly: He's dead, Dave. Everybody's dead. Everybody is dead, Dave!
Lister: Wait. Are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?
Holly: I wish I'd never let him out in the first place.

I'm starting to think I may be the only one who loves the Canadian winters!
Ski, skate, and make snow angels people. Then go inside and curl in front of a fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate and marshmallows.

Well I normally love it. Australia, sunshine, beaches, girls in bikinis. Except thanks to the El Nino it has been cloudy everyday since winter, and the beaches are closed today because of 100km/h winds :(

I'm starting to think I may be the only one who loves the Canadian winters!
Ski, skate, and make snow angels people. Then go inside and curl in front of a fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate and marshmallows.

we get the same pasty white dreary weather... but without a single snow flake. It's all the negatives and none of the positives. No ski, no skate, no snow etc etc

Most reactions

Back