EVOLT 330 vs EVOLT 500

jstad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which is better? I can get the 330 for about $250 and a 500 for about $360 on ebay. I am pretty much narrowed down to the Olympus cameras since I love the feel of them compared to the D40 and Canon Rebel, also they are way cheaper. I was curious as to which is the better camera and by how much. I don't care for the live view on the 330 but you can turn it off. I assumed I could get the cheaper 330 and then get a second lens.

I am a beginner when it comes to SLR cameras so be gentle. thanks in advance.

I am going to be taking pictures of people/action shots and using a macro lens if that factors in the decision at all.

Also the rep at the camera store said that there are no additional lenses available for the Olympus series... I said that you can use an adapter for the camera but she said it wasnt a good idea since it limits the image, I dont know what that means if someone can clear that up...

ANDS!

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
500 review at DPreview.
330 review.

Seems both cameras dont operate very well at high ISO settings (which will make low light/indoor shooting a bit problematic). A camera that can capture good shots at a high-iso is VERY valuable if you are going to be shooting action scenes at night.

However, if you're using either in a controlled environment, it seems like the E-500 is a much better option than the 330.

Most reactions

New Topics