Excessive Noise on D7000

ISO 6400, SOOC. Shot in raw, so just in camera NR.
iso6400.jpg

Nice. I do see noise though and I don't really base noise examples off small online pics. Post the full sized file to Flickr. And again to reiterate, I don't doubt that the D7000 does well with noise. Thats typically the main strong point of Nikon over Canon ( typically due to their choice to not always try to push the megapixels )

Although this may be a good example for the OP

I say their both awesome cameras and you can't go wrong with either one. I prefer the 7D because it feels better in my hands. I just wish it was priced closer to the D7K, which I think is an amazing value. I wonder what is in store for the 7D MK 2? As to the OP, I think maybe some more experience would help solve the issue, cause it's not the camera nor the glass.
I agree. The D7000 is an amazing value for its features.

thats no good, why pay a grand for something that doesnt work well?

It works for fine. I dont see a problem with the camera. I do, however, see a problem (as stated above) underexposed areas which will cause excessive noise in any digital camera. It is the nature of the beast.

I notice you have the D7000 as well, if it's not too much of a hassle, can you post a few samples? I just want to see some comparison
Thanks!

I would love to, but I won't be in the position to do it for alittle while.

This has already been posted and responded to, keep up.

Then why are you still in your own fantasy world?
:er: Clearly you have not read anything that I typed ( or just have trouble comprehending things ) or you would have answered your own question. Perhaps you should have read the more in depth ( and actually accurate) review that I posted in response as well

However, this is getting rather tedious and annoying and shame on me for bickering about it for so long. You love your D7000, and I love my 7D. End of conversation.

This has already been posted and responded to, keep up.

:er: Clearly you have not read anything that I typed ( or just have trouble comprehending things ) or you would have answered your own question. Perhaps you should have read the more in depth ( and actually accurate) review that I posted in response as well

However, this is getting rather tedious and annoying and shame on me for bickering about it for so long. You love your D7000, and I love my 7D. End of conversation.

Clearly, you bring nothing to the discussion other than childish personal attacks and attempt to belittle others that don't share the same view. Defending your purchase much? lol Who said anything about loving an inanimate object? The D7000 is nothing but a tool I'm using right now. I always know the strength and weaknesses of the tools I so that I use it effectively, cameras, firearms, cars, whatever.

Last edited:

Clearly, you bring nothing to the discussion other than childish personal attacks and attempt to belittle others that don't share the same view. Defending your purchase much? lol Who said anything about loving an inanimate object? The D7000 is nothing but a tool I'm using right now. I always know the strength and weaknesses of the tools I so that I use it effectively, cameras, firearms, cars, whatever.
*Facepalm* You're right.:thumbup::lol:

I guess I don't understand the "Excesive noise" part. I just took this, as a snapshot, at work at ISO 6400. This is straight out of the camera, no post at all.

In my book, at ISO 6400, this is an insanely usable picture. Is thre noise? Sure! if you do a 100% crop, there is noise. Is it excessive? Personally I don't think so.

LOL @ all this pixel peeping! I mean really, c'mon, seriously?

If we're going to talk about noise and grain at low ISO's, guess what ISO and camera this was shot at:

6080572684_4e78a365ba_b.jpg

And I guarantee you these have a hell of alot more noise/grain than you're D7000.

And here's a 100% crop of the bird, is this noise/grain unacceptable?

6080050303_7b76a1910e_b.jpg

My definition of unacceptable noise is when bokeh looks like it primarily caused by the ISO setting.

I guess I don't understand the "Excesive noise" part. I just took this, as a snapshot, at work at ISO 6400. This is straight out of the camera, no post at all.

In my book, at ISO 6400, this is an insanely usable picture. Is thre noise? Sure! if you do a 100% crop, there is noise. Is it excessive? Personally I don't think so.

here is mine at 6400
_DSC2439.jpg

_DSC2439-2.jpg

Most reactions

Back