excited but ...

Christina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was offered by H&R block to come to a motorcycle rally and take shots of people with their bikes; winning the awards ect. They told me to bring cards with my website that people could buy off of.

I've never done events so I'm not sure to the pricing. I know event photos normally go for a little higher. What's the best prices.

Also is there a hosting site that's good to post these where they can't be right clicked & stolen?

Would it be cheesy to wear a shirt with my website on the back?

And I want to watermark the pictures with something other than the usual name mark. Like fancy script or a little camera with my initials. Is there any site online for this or a way to do it in gimp?

Help please!

Would it be cheesy to wear a shirt with my website on the back?

I can't answer your questions about prices, but whenever I speak at a writer's conference, I always make sure to wear a golf shirt with my site's logo on it. You can't beat free advertising.

Christina, there are plenty of watermarking tutorials, but honestly, if I were you... I wouldn't set them up on a website, at least not at first. Id give EVERYONE a card and write on the back:

8x10 print for only $15.00 - and the name of your company.

Not only is it a great advertisement, you can make a few dollars considering the price of a print and frame is like 6 bucks, at least near me, and if I can hit up the dollar tree when they have the frames, its even cheaper.

I wouldn't try to make a lot of money on the 8x10's, but more use that as an introduction to your business - and try to get REPEAT customers who are happy with their 15 dollar 8x10!

:)

Most reactions

Back