480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, I've given up looking and I'm gonna ask.

I'm looking for software that can both edit EXIF as well as create EXIF fields for an image.

My issue: When I scan film, I get EXIF about the scanner and when I scanned the negative attached to the digital file. My desire: To be able to edit not only the camera name and date/time, but also be able to add things like lens, aperture, film speed, filter used, etc. So far, all the software I've tried does not allow me to add such fields as the scanner does not have a lens or aperture or film speed (at least in the camera sense).

Anyone got a suggestion for an editor that will allow me to edit ALL the possible fields of the EXIF data?

Here's one way you can do it. Using an EXIF editor that has all those fields for typical digital camera files (I use Opanda), you can open a digital image in a photo editor, layer the scanned film image on top of it, then save as whatever you like.

While that resulting image file will now have the visual property of your scanned film image, it will retain the EXIF data and fields of the original digital image. Then you can open it in your favorite EXIF editor and change the info in each field, including lens, aperture, shutter, etc., however you like.

Ever find one?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back