Expensive awful pictures

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was researching for a reply to another thread about pricing pictures and came across a few sites selling what I would describe as awful pictures.

Example Abstract (Photography) Prints by AllPosters.co.uk

I could churn out 20 of these a day and charge unreal amounts of money for them but do any of them actually get purchased?

Here is one I made earlier. Is this worth $1000 ?

Please do not post images to which you do not hold rights.

I made the picture ???????
$Dscf8457a.jpg

This is not a thread about artistic interpretation.

Does anyone on this forum make money from this kind of photography ?

Last edited:
No. And no.
I clicked on that site and only saw a few pages with prints anywhere from 3 to 42 pounds. And I didn't see that pos you posted.

No. And no.
I clicked on that site and only saw a few pages with prints anywhere from 3 to 42 pounds. And I didn't see that pos you posted.

I was thinking about the 460 pound pictures and that example was me trying to be ironic.

Not I but some here are professionals who do sell pictures online.

As to the example shown, it is not well done but that doesn't mean that nobody would buy it. People have widely varying taste.

As to your suggestion for yourself: Yes, you could make bad photographs, offer them for sale, might even sell a few, but why would you want to waste your time like that? IMO, it would be much better to take excellent photographs, offer them for sale, and sell more of them for more money.

Not I but some here are professionals who do sell pictures online.

As to the example shown, it is not well done but that doesn't mean that nobody would buy it. People have widely varying taste.

As to your suggestion for yourself: Yes, you could make bad photographs, offer them for sale, might even sell a few, but why would you want to waste your time like that? IMO, it would be much better to take excellent photographs, offer them for sale, and sell more of them for more money.

Yes I agree with everything you say BUT.......

Some sites have fantastic pictures for sale but these are not the ones I am referring to.

I could pretty much create and populate a website with abstract pictures over a weekend in a similar vein to what I have seen. I could then generate traffic to the site over the next weekend. I could use sites like the example given to advertise my pictures.

I have many questions from a business perspective but the main one is will I make any money from it.

I am as artistic as whale blubber but I could set up workflows to create various abstract effects to make distinct collections from my existing picture library.

Has anyone on here sold abstract pictures regularly ?
What is the target demographic ?

You could pound this stuff out all day, and yet your ironic example is nothing like it.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

IMO and my experience with other artists, abstracts have a very limited audience of collectors. To me, they are similar to flowers and macro when it comes to sales. Potential buyers believe anyone with the proper equipment can do them. Painters seem to have more success with abstracts, although the audience remains relatively small. I do have years of extensive experience selling prints, however. I would have a lot to say and would hijack your thread.:taped sh:

IMO and my experience with other artists, abstracts have a very limited audience of collectors. To me, they are similar to flowers and macro when it comes to sales. Potential buyers believe anyone with the proper equipment can do them. Painters seem to have more success with abstracts, although the audience remains relatively small. I do have years of extensive experience selling prints, however. I would have a lot to say and would hijack your thread.:taped sh:

Go for it

I'll do a separate thread after the weekend. I'm about to leave for a tennis match and then party for two days.:cheers::band::headbang:

I'll do a separate thread after the weekend. I'm about to leave for a tennis match and then party for two days.:cheers::band::headbang:

have fun

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back