Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have zero experience with it, and I have to learn it by...like...well, tonight. I have have a presentation ready for a speech I'm doing on Monday, and I have to learn to include video.

Does anyone know any good tutorials for me?

Power point is pretty user friendly...especially for basic presentation slide shows. I don't think you will have too much trouble if you just jump in and starting doing it.

As for including a video...I've never tried that, but if you can insert/embed the video file, it shouldn't be too hard. Just watch the file size of the video, as you don't want to bog it down.

Ok.

I have to do a demonstration speech, and I am doing mine on (very) basic enhancements of photos in photoshop. Joe found me a software program that you can record videos of what you are doing on screen, and it has a 30 day free trial...so I'm doing it that way, since the computer that is in the classroom and hooked up to the projector doesn't have photoshop on it. Otherwise, I'd just open photoshop up and do it as I speak.

I think I'm going to attempt to put a humorous spin on it and connect it more to my audience by making it a 'how to turn your crappy myspace profile snapshot into a more aesthetically pleasing crappy profile snapshot' speech. :p

Is it the office 2007 version?

Yeah...though as we speak I'm at school and I'm piddling around with it trying to figure it out, and they have 2003...I have 2007 at home, and that's where I'll be primarily doing it.

If you can't get the video capture thing to work...you could just use a lot more still images (from screen capture) to make it almost video like.

For example, you could have a Photoshop full screen as the background to your slide. Then have several smaller images pop up as you talk about that particular aspect.

Then apply the changes to the sample images (in photoshop) and use that as the base for your next slide and continue.

It's maybe not as cool as a video....but it would work if the video thing doesn't.

It's maybe not as cool as a video....but it would work if the video thing doesn't.
I don't know about this comment right here. I think it would be cool. It would also be far easier to sync with your speech as you will be able to do the pop-up thingy at the perfect moment while speaking.

Ha! When was the last time someone called something a "thingy" to you....
And why is "speak" spelled with "ea", yet "speech" is not spelled "speach"....
Hmmmmm.....:scratch:

I saw someone once using a video in a presentation - they got nervous (as you always do) and so they started to slow down a little - course the vid didn't and kept going which forced them to try and keep pace - which meant leaving bits out. In the end it was rather a mess to see.
I would say that if you really want to use video make sure you have a full day (or more) once the show is finished to really practise running through it to make sure you can keep up with the vid without having to rush

I saw someone once using a video in a presentation - they got nervous (as you always do) and so they started to slow down a little - course the vid didn't and kept going which forced them to try and keep pace - which meant leaving bits out. In the end it was rather a mess to see.
I would say that if you really want to use video make sure you have a full day (or more) once the show is finished to really practise running through it to make sure you can keep up with the vid without having to rush

I'm not too worried about that aspect of it. There will be several short videos, not one long one. That, and as long as I am knowledgable about my topic, I can wing it pretty darn well.

I only get nervous on days like today...when I wasn't prepared hardly at all for the speech I gave. :S

The worst part about speech in school for me was the fact that due to the heavy coursework of all the math and science classes, I didn't focus on speech and failed it (actually, dropped out before that point). I waited until the end and went in the summers to do the required english and speech courses, then of course, the following year, they dropped speech as a requirement.

Boy I hated speech class. I was failing mostly because I was too involved with my nose in the physics and chemistry books that I didn't have time to waste watching TV and all our speech presentations where on current event stuff. Between working and studying the chemistry stuff (that was the hard stuff), I had no idea on anything that was going on in current events.

At 19 years of age, I could care less about the presidential debates and couldn't do a speech on it. "They are all crooks and none are worthy of my vote." There, end of speech. In fact, they are still all crooks and none are worthy of my vote.

This is a pre-summer class, and it's the only class I'm in right now. A 16 week course that will be done in 3 weeks.

I don't think I'm going to fail it at all, but I HAVE to have an A. I already got one B last semester (barely!!! it was almost an A!) and spoiled my 4.0.

I am NOT happy with that!

I'm not playing a DVD, I think the file will be a .png....I can't remember for sure...it's possible...I've already got that part of it figured out now, after playing around with it tonight.

Now it's mostly a matter of getting the videos made and arranged in the power point properly. :)

Since you're using 2007, and the school has 2003, compatability and formatting may be fubar if you just save it in compatability mode (it's happened to me). There's a way you can make a cd with what is basically a cd executable powerpoint viewer so that there are no compatability problems. I can't remember where it is, but do a little looking, it's worth it.

Since you're using 2007, and the school has 2003, compatability and formatting may be fubar if you just save it in compatability mode (it's happened to me). There's a way you can make a cd with what is basically a cd executable powerpoint viewer so that there are no compatability problems. I can't remember where it is, but do a little looking, it's worth it.

Crap.

I was just thinking about this today, too . . . wondering if it would be compatible.

Time to do some googling. :S

Most reactions

Back