Experienced digital photographer

mmtoler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, this is Mike currently in NY, after previously living and working in the Balkans for the past 8.5 years. I started using a digital camera and a variety of software to improve and organize those photos about 10 years ago. Prior to that, I used the simplest cameras possible because I found I could screw up the film, the camera, the photos, the focus, the picture and the developed prints in more ways that one could count. I primarily used a Kodak Instamatic from the early 60s to the late 90s, using cartridged or disk film and sending it to mailhouses for developing, sometimes supplementing that with a few Polaroid pictures in the mid 80s. My father bought me a super 35mm camera and both telephoto and wide angle lenses but I seldom used it because it was heavy and I kept forgetting to take it when traveling or doing things with my kids, again because it required me to properly load film in the camera and take photos without messing that up - very hard to do for me! In the late 90s I bought a Kodak Advantix camera with cartridges and within one year it died, I got a replacement and 2 years later it died - leaving me with 7 cartridges of empty film processed after a 2 week vacation in Hawaii and graduation from a university of one of my sons - zero photos to show for it - very disappointing to say the least. No more Kodak cameras for me.

Then my wife bought me a digital camera when our first grandchild arrived and my life with photographs changed dramatically. I have used about 5 or 6 different digital cameras since 1997, each with great density (from 3.5 to 12Megapixels.

I now have over 100,000 photos I have taken, mostly of the Balkans and the beautiful women who inhabit Southern Europe and I spend a lot of time editing and organizing photos, including fixing the photos of friends.

Now I am back home in the US and trying to organize thousands of family photos from the 60s through about 2008, scanning many of the best ones to preserve for posterity. But I have also discovered some problems that I would like some help with from experienced film photographers.

Hopefully someone here can help me with those problems.

Mike Toler at [email protected] or [email protected]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back