Experimenting with slideshow

Robin_Usagani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been experimenting with slideshow. I plan to take more videos to add to the slideshow. I will eventually add this to products the bride and groom can add. Let me know what you think.

[video=vimeo;73601436]https://vimeo.com/73601436[/video]

I like the look of it and it definitely seems like something the clients would buy.
In some of the transitions, they seems a little harsh. I like the transition to the pearl necklace, since it's nice and smooth, but the other ones stop and zoom in quickly, which is a little much

Is this Animoto? The transitions don't seem as smooth as they should be, and it looks like you are using the same ones. Mix it up. I wasn't a fan of Animoto. I purchased Proshow Producer because the transitions were really appealing.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Can you show me a sample of Animoto? It is 30fps video. I am not sure what else I can do to make it smoother.

I watched for 3:21 and got very tired of it. I thought the constant zooming in and zooming out, and the pan-left, pan-right effects were just simply too jarring for my tastes. I would not want to sit through nine minutes of that. There's just too much movement too frequently...it's considered tiresome by most people who are experts in video and cinema, and rapid movements of the camera and constant shifting of the "camera" viewpoint are not really good things in cinema and video. A little goes a long ways.

It's a great product to add. I like it. For being your first one I think you did a fine job. I agree with Darrel as far as the transitions go though. The constant panning and moving left to right got annoying.

I really think it is something the clients will enjoy a lot though. One thing I did like is how you matched the music to what was going on in the slide show. Makes it more interesting. Good job in regards to that.

Nice work, i think.
But i must agree to others, transition a little bit harsh, maybe you should check some other programs for slideshows, like Proshow Gold or Slideshow Creator or maybe even Lightroom, if you have one.
Different possibilities for different price

Definitely good extra to offer. You might look into outsourcing a videographer to assist you with this.

For smooth flow through the transitions: In the property panel lasso the beginning keyframes and move to the beginning of the transition. The same for the ending keyframes move to the end of the transition.

The velocity graph is a useful guide for a consistent flow for each photo, but the photo needs to be the same pixel dimensions for comparison. I generally resize the photos 30% larger than the project settings to allow room for pans & zooms. Uncheck the scale to frame size before importing the photos. The dissolves & dip to black transitions would move things along, yet not detract from showcasing your photos. Try zooming in on all the photos in one segment and the next segment maybe zoom in for 10 and zoom out for 5 and back to zoom in for 10. IMHO Animoto is too busy and is more about the transitions than the photos. Use song tempos that match the segments. Ceremony a slow song and a faster fun tempo for the reception. I've used the soloist's song that was sang at the wedding for the ceremony segment.

Hey, guys, i guess TS found an answer to his question. I have found another simple program for slideshows and i hope that my info will help anyone.
Here it is - Smartshow, sounds like Proshow, but it is and easy app, for common users and for those, who have difficulties with big slideshow apps.

hey bud I actually added videography too late last year and rebranding our company - yeah just use animoto and make your life easier

[video=vimeo;74704498]http://vimeo.com/74704498[/video]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back