expert help needed

Danad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have this photo ( and another one that I like also a lot) but they are both blurry! I didn't have enough time to use a tripod ( we were driving home and it was a foggy and difficult road- lots of curves- and somehow I convinced my hubby to stop for a sec to take two shots) and I notice how blurry they came out only when I got home...in front of my computer. I tried to fix them, but didn't succed! :grumpy:
Please tell me that there is a chance for them!:confused:

I won't take advantage of your experience and good intentions to ask you to help me fix both of them...but pleaaaaaseee...help me with this one: Is my favorite! Thanks!

23.jpg

With so little light...a tripod (or any sort of support) is surely required. You could try sharpening...but that won't really save a blurry photo.

Rather than a tripod...all you may need to do...is to rest the camera on the roof/hood of the car. Or even just on the edge of the window. Maybe use a bean bag or a sock/glove etc to put under it.

I have an idea... I'll try it when I get home... Hmmm.... I'm not that good at PSing yet but we'll see

heres a sharpening technique i find to be really really nice . . .

change your mode to lab color and sharpen only the lightness channel. that way you don't get those weired color artifacts. then reconvert to rgb mode if you want.

What about this one? This is just an experiement... I wanted to see if I could do it. It was a lot harder to do than I thought...
308228652_96c6de0c0b_o.jpg

newrmdmike said:
heres a sharpening technique i find to be really really nice . . .

change your mode to lab color and sharpen only the lightness channel. that way you don't get those weired color artifacts. then reconvert to rgb mode if you want.

Can that be done in Elements 5.0?

waaaaww guys thanks a lot...
memorex88 and BoblyBill thanks a lot for tring to fix the photo...great job, but... I have to say I just love your experiment BoblyBill! It looks really nice!:lovey: How did U do it?

Big Mike and newrmdmike thanks a lot for the tips...I will surely be more carefull next time!:)

Danad said:
waaaaww guys thanks a lot...
memorex88 and BoblyBill thanks a lot for tring to fix the photo...great job, but... I have to say I just love your experiment BoblyBill! It looks really nice!:lovey: How did U do it?

Big Mike and newrmdmike thanks a lot for the tips...I will surely be more carefull next time!:)

Well... I copied the background, deleted the part with the tree, found a tree in my arrsenal placed that in the picture, made a gradiant that matched (somewhat) the left side's color change (gray to orange to light blue to darker blue), placed the gradiant behind the copied background, did a lot of cloning, and did some burning and dodging to get the colors to kind of match. That's basically what I did in a simplified (non 2 hour way lol). I just got this program PS elements 5.0 and I still could learn a whole lot about it. I have never used a post production program until now, but it has been a blast.

For someone who is not that good with PSing, I think you just gave her the help she was asking for...great work!

Michael Humle said:
For someone who is not that good with PSing, I think you just gave her the help she was asking for...great work!

Thanks Mike (do you mind if I call you that :D?)

BoblyBill said:
Well... I copied the background, deleted the part with the tree, found a tree in my arrsenal placed that in the picture, made a gradiant that matched (somewhat) the left side's color change (gray to orange to light blue to darker blue), placed the gradiant behind the copied background, did a lot of cloning, and did some burning and dodging to get the colors to kind of match. That's basically what I did in a simplified (non 2 hour way lol). I just got this program PS elements 5.0 and I still could learn a whole lot about it. I have never used a post production program until now, but it has been a blast.

Waw...well I guess that makes you an expert after all...You made my photo look really good when everybody said I have no chace to save it ! You spent a lot of time on my photo and I can't thank you enough for that!:lovey:

Great work!:hail:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back