ExpoImaging Rogue 3-in-1 Flash Grid with 3-Gel Starter Kit

enezdez

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does this product really work as advertised...

Currently, I have been using the Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox with my Nikon SB 700.

However, I recently picked up a mint Nikon SB 910.

So my plan was to use the SB 910 with the Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox & just pick up another stand & use my SB 700 as a fill light & to play around with coloured gels...

And get a grid for my Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox.

Please advise...

Thanks In Advance,

Enezdez

Absolutely, highly recommended for use with speed lights. I typically use it to either create a spotlight on the backdrop with rapid fall-off, or as a hair/rim light.

Background spotlight:
Butterfly/Clamshell Headshot - Learning Lighting

Hair light:
Child portraits - Learning lighting

I also picked up some Rogue flash gels for use with speed lights without the grid/snoot, and have had great luck with them.
Traditional backdrops for portraiture

I have some more recent portrait work I've done with both products as I've learned how to better utilize them, but don't have them posted publicly.

Absolutely, highly recommended for use with speed lights. I typically use it to either create a spotlight on the backdrop with rapid fall-off, or as a hair/rim light.

Background spotlight:
Butterfly/Clamshell Headshot - Learning Lighting

Hair light:
Child portraits - Learning lighting

I also picked up some Rogue flash gels for use with speed lights without the grid/snoot, and have had great luck with them.
Traditional backdrops for portraiture

I have some more recent portrait work I've done with both products as I've learned how to better utilize them, but don't have them posted publicly.

Thank you @adamhiram for your solid advice. I woke up in the middle of the night & couldn't sleep...So I read all the threads & what have you associated with your above-mentioned post (lol)...I going to get the Rogue 3-1.

I think the most economical way for me to proceed is to pick up another stand (Kupo 8') to use my SB 700 & and get a grid for my Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox (which is not cheap, cost almost as much as the kit...ugh lol). Now I am not going to get Rogue's Gels because I just got Nikon Gels speedlite specific (after these go bad/lost) I will get those (it will be years before I get them lol)...

I think this will be my next step in my evolutionary/learning process...

Thank you again @adamhiram I really appreciate you taking the time!

Almost time for me to get up, I have to go to Connecticut (Hartford) to get dog food!

Cheers,

Enezdez

ay for me to proceed is to pick up another stand (Kupo 8') to use my SB 700 & and get a grid for my Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa

I have grids for everything now, and normally work as planned. I recently picked up one for the big octabox though and I'm not sure if I'm using it wrong, or I just don't like it. :ambivalence:

Most reactions

Back