ExpoImaging Rogue 3-in-1 Flash Grid with 3-Gel Starter Kit

Discussion in 'Lighting and Hardware' started by enezdez, Jul 13, 2018 at 8:18 PM.

1. enezdez

enezdez TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Does this product really work as advertised...

Currently, I have been using the Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox with my Nikon SB 700.

However, I recently picked up a mint Nikon SB 910.

So my plan was to use the SB 910 with the Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox & just pick up another stand & use my SB 700 as a fill light & to play around with coloured gels...

And get a grid for my Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox.

Please advise...

Thanks In Advance,

Enezdez

2. adamhiram

adamhiram No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Absolutely, highly recommended for use with speed lights. I typically use it to either create a spotlight on the backdrop with rapid fall-off, or as a hair/rim light.

Background spotlight:
    Butterfly/Clamshell Headshot - Learning Lighting

Hair light:
    Child portraits - Learning lighting

I also picked up some Rogue flash gels for use with speed lights without the grid/snoot, and have had great luck with them.
    Traditional backdrops for portraiture

I have some more recent portrait work I've done with both products as I've learned how to better utilize them, but don't have them posted publicly.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. enezdez

enezdez TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you @adamhiram for your solid advice. I woke up in the middle of the night & couldn't sleep...So I read all the threads & what have you associated with your above-mentioned post (lol)...I going to get the Rogue 3-1.

I think the most economical way for me to proceed is to pick up another stand (Kupo 8') to use my SB 700 & and get a grid for my Rapid Westcott Kit 26" Octa Softbox (which is not cheap, cost almost as much as the kit...ugh lol). Now I am not going to get Rogue's Gels because I just got Nikon Gels speedlite specific (after these go bad/lost) I will get those (it will be years before I get them lol)...

I think this will be my next step in my evolutionary/learning process...

Thank you again @adamhiram I really appreciate you taking the time!

Almost time for me to get up, I have to go to Connecticut (Hartford) to get dog food!

Cheers,

Enezdez

4. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

I have grids for everything now, and normally work as planned. I recently picked up one for the big octabox though and I'm not sure if I'm using it wrong, or I just don't like it. :ambivalence: