Exposure and Focus for Tracking Shots?

andytakeone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What's the best way to maintain focus and exposure for tracking shots that goes through multiple lighting situations all in one take?

Is the only way to do this to keep everything in auto-exposure/auto-focus?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure I understand the question - How do you define "tracking shots"? I thought I knew but the phrase "all in one take" made me think I didn't understand.
If you're just following something in action, like a horse, dog or running human, then yes, the best is Auto since you can't manually keep up. The camera can easily, so we let it.....

Not sure I understand the question - How do you define "tracking shots"? I thought I knew but the phrase "all in one take" made me think I didn't understand.
If you're just following something in action, like a horse, dog or running human, then yes, the best is Auto since you can't manually keep up. The camera can easily, so we let it.....

Right, I guess that's what I meant. Following a subject without cutting, so it would be a single take with the camera moving wherever the subject goes.

Thanks for your answer!

Through various lighting conditions? Such as someone running into a tunnel and back out / in and out of various shadows?

Can you give a very specific example or even show pics that you have taken that you need assistance with. I saw this when you first posted it but was clueless on your exact situation.

Metering modes ?
Focus modes ?
how to pan (shutter speeds, etc) ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back