Exposure in Auto and Manual modes

I admit, I do not even know what "subfora" means.

Maybe somebody will be so kind as to post a picture for you, showing what subfora means. Hopefully, the picture will have been immaculately leveled using Photoshop, and a big, red line drawn on the picture, to indicate the original photographer's horrible leveling effort.

:boogie:

LOL!

Maybe they will.

But I still have no HDR photos, no full auto photos and Chromebook still doesn't handle RAW.

So ... we'll see.

:boogie:

LOL!

Maybe they will.

But I still have no HDR photos, no full auto photos and Chromebook still doesn't handle RAW.

So ... we'll see.

After 9 months as a member you should know that Raw files cannot be posted, or even seen.
People post jpegs in the different picture galleries, that I referred to as sub fora.
You needen't post pictures taken in automatic or HDR images.
I suggested that you might provide some examples of your photography to validate all your words.
Of course, you don't have to, we have several active commenters who never post pictures.
You can just join that illustrious group.

"After 9 months as a member you should know that Raw files cannot be posted, or even seen."

Yes, I know that. But you seem to be missing the point RAW files cannot be seen on my Chromebook. They do not exist in this location. And this location is where I work from most of the time.

"You needen't post pictures taken in automatic or HDR images."

Whew! That's a relief, 'cause I don't take photos in auto or HDR.

I believe I've previously mentioned that though.

"You can just join that illustrious group."

I agree with Groucho Marx regarding joining groups.

"I suggested that you might provide some examples of your photography to validate all your words."

IMO all my words validate all my words. If there are words I've posted which someone feels are not valid, then a photo, or a thousand photos, isn't going to change that.

They are free to post contrary opinions and maybe we'll actually discuss photography a bit.

I tried all three mettering modes. The one I put on here is from spot metering with focus on the chair.

"After 9 months as a member you should know that Raw files cannot be posted, or even seen."

Yes, I know that. But you seem to be missing the point RAW files cannot be seen on my Chromebook. They do not exist in this location. And this location is where I work from most of the time.

But you seem to be missing the point that RAW files can't be seen by anything web-based. I can't see RAW files in Firefox or Chrome or IE, yet somehow I post pictures all the time!

What do you do with your RAW files? Just file them away? Is the camera LCD the only viewing tool you have? (Which, by the way, doesn't look at the RAW file, it shows the embedded JPG preview.) OF course you don't.... you have some kind of workflow for editing that ends up with a JPG file, and those work just fine with your Chromebook. So what's the issue about posting pictures?

Saying you can't post pictures because your Chromebook can't work with RAW files is like saying you can't make coffee because you car has a flat. It's completely irrelevant.

I'm not missing anything about RAW files other than I am missing them on this Chromebook because the Chromebook doesn't handle RAW. I read and participate in forums on this Chromebook. I do photographic work from a computer that I care not to expose to spyware and malware. That is my right to decide. Therefore, you will get photos only when I feel like posting photos. It's really this sort of BS that makes me less interested in posting any photos at all.

If you disagree with my posts, say so. We can discuss what I say. I'm not highly interested in your opinions of my photos. There are, after all, none in full auto or HDR.

I do drive a Fiat 500. And the 500L has an option of an espresso maker.

That, however, is a different model. I drive a 500 Sport. I have, for the record, never made coffee in my car.

Time to move on to another topic. Particularly if you are not posting images either.

Now, if anyone would care to discuss the issues of photography other than you can't see mine ...

Curtain looks about LV15, the chair LV9. 15+9=24; expose for half that (LV12). Sunny 16: f5.6, 1/320 (assuming 320ISO is accurately rated). You could bracket +/- 1 stop (e.g take photos at f4/f5.6/f8) to allow for if the sun's very bright and directly onto the curtain or the room is dimmer or the camera's apparent ISO is off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back