exposure on canon t2i

ryanjennings

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to do light graffiti / painting and to do this I assume you have to have the exposure for atleast 30 seconds to have time to paint the light... now I'm in Av mode but I don't know where the exposure setting is? can anyone assist me?
thank you for reading

You want to use the Tv mode for "time value". I suggest you read the manual once or twice. ;)

You can't do it in Av.

Try Tv and set it to 30 seconds or something (however long you think it will take). You could go to manual mode too.

You might have to use manual - I don't know if Tv will work if the aperture can't stop down enough to make a 'good' exposure.

Definition of Exposure in Photography...

a. the act of presenting a photosensitive surface to rays of light.
b. the total amount of light received by a photosensitive surface or an area of such a surface, expressed as the product of the degree of illumination and the period of illumination.
c. the image resulting from the effects of light rays on a photosensitive surface.

Taken from... Dictionary.com.

Exposure isn't a setting so much as a combination of settings like Aperture, Shutter Speed and other variables that control how much light gets into the camera and how long the film/sensor is exposed to light...

Most reactions

Back