exposure?

Simonch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks,

Was away out to try and shoot an HDR shot for the first time.... cant seem to figure out the settings on my 350d tho, if i shoot in aperture or shutter priority, it just adjusts the other so that the exposure is always correct, and if shooting in fully manual, i cant seem to adjust the exposure at all!! grr... so confused! if you could help, this would be great!

cheers

1 expose for the highlights = the sky/brightest part of an image
2 expose for the shadows = darkest part of an image you need info from
3 one correct exposure of the overall scene.

so one under exposed, one overexposed and one correct. Then do what you do in pp. H

I would suggest that you read about manual mode in your manual.

yeah coldow, couldnt find it!! managed to rake it out and found out a bit more of what i was needing! thanks guys

If you're using a Canon...you use the dial to adjust the shutter speed in manual...and if you push the Av button on the right side of the screen, and move the dial, then you can change the aperture.

I'm not sure what you mean by "exposure" in that post...

Go to your menu and turn on AEB (auto exposure bracketing) to whatever spread you want... like +1 and -1 stop or +2 and -2 stops.. and then just click the shutter 3 times and bingo...you got three shots.

yeah coldow, couldnt find it!! managed to rake it out and found out a bit more of what i was needing! thanks guys

Glad you found what you needed! I would have told you the way to do it if I knew but I have a nikon.

When shooting for HDR, you should also keep the same f-stop for each exposure, that way DOF is not changed. Use manual mode and adjust shutter speed.

Most reactions

Back