Expressing songs through photographs

im not going to do anything public with it- just present it in class. im still struggling with ideas though

i was thinking more of the photography and i could apply it to a song. but since your asking, i was thinking "breakeven" by the script, "imagine" by john lennon, "tiktok" by Ke$ha, "mr blue sky" by ELO...im really open to anything

i was thinking more of the photography and i could apply it to a song. but since your asking, i was thinking "breakeven" by the script, "imagine" by john lennon, "tiktok" by Ke$ha, "mr blue sky" by ELO...im really open to anything

So you want to take photos that are inspired by those songs? Or do you want to find songs that fit the themes of photos you have taken?

i have not taken photos, so im trying to take some to fit those songs

Hmm. So I assume you're feeling uninspired? Maybe just kick back and get comfortable, put some headphones on and just put those songs on a playlist and listen to them. Something will come to you. Whenever I put my headphones on and kick back on the couch, I just close my eyes and listen and start to visualize whatever comes to mind. It may be very related to the song, or it may be completely random and have nothing to do with it. Just relax and listen, and see what they make you think of.

I have one for you. Go get a hotel room, or use your own, and absolutely trash it. Then photograph it. This song makes me feel like doing that.

EDIT:

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any damage to a hotel room you use, or your own home for that matter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar4Xdt_7too"]YouTube - Florence And The Machine - Kiss With A Fist + Lyrics[/ame]

Last edited:
im going to try to express a drug-induced series of photography- almost as if i went on a bad trip. but not literally. i could use the messy room as part of it. any other ideas?

yea i had planned on watching it again. i agree it will help

It seems to me that especially since this is for a school project, it would be protected under the Fair Use doctrine. Be sure to cite your work and give credit where credit is due, then you will be fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back