DougGrigg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.douggrigg.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Job_0037.jpg

I posted a portrait study on micro expression a short while ago, here is another image of that study.
I have cropped the image from a a much larger shot to suit a series.

The expressions here are anger + discomfort, notice how he's biting his cheek keeping his mouth shut tightly, I dragged this guy out of something he was doing with quite a bit of urging (even a bit extra to provoke the expression) and he certainly isn't comfortable in front of the camera.

What do you guys think? I know its a standard head shot but there is more than meets the eye on every face.

The expressions here are anger + discomfort, notice how he's biting his cheek keeping his mouth shut tightly, I dragged this guy out of something he was doing with quite a bit of urging (even a bit extra to provoke the expression) and he certainly isn't comfortable in front of the camera.

What do you guys think? I know its a standard head shot but there is more than meets the eye on every face.

But 'the eye' is all we have.

Excessive subtlety defeats itself.

It's an interesting shot; my first thoughts were Vietnam-war era US Army induction photograph or a cousin of Woody Allen. I'm afraid I don't 'get' the expression though.

I'm interested in human behavior and I'm looking forward to see more of these...

I see discomfort and "could we just get over it so I continue to do what ever I was doing" I don't see any form of anger.

I'm interested in human behavior and I'm looking forward to see more of these...

I see discomfort and "could we just get over it so I continue to do what ever I was doing" I don't see any form of anger.

I think I only associate this image with anger as if you look on the left hand side of his face the lip & cheek is slightly bitten, I can probably see this more as I've been looking alot further into this and have seen the series of image from the shoot, thanks for your comments and I'm sure you'll see more soon! I have a couple more on my Website :D

I don't know. It seems more 'deer in the headlights to me', or like, maybe he just heard that his final exam is going to be on Saturday, and it hasn't quite registered with him yet. Like he's on his way to anger but he's not quite there yet. Generally with anger, even anger mixed with other emotions, the brow takes part, and I think that's what's missing. Even a small crinkling, I think, would have helped to make the emotion more obvious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back