extinct volcano

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
these are a bit too dark, but this is one 47 extinct volcanos in the greater auckland region. this is rangitoto, an island formed about 500 years old just across the bay where i live. The images are bit dark, but i could only adjust the levels so far before the colours give out :( any suggestions? Maybe play with curves?

rangitoto.jpg

sundog.jpg

Great shots Mark. Curves should work. Try using the individual channels before you use the master setting & see how that works.

maybe just try a different time of day? I really like your outdoors pictures by the way...

md

Hey Vonnagy. Is that Lake Taupo?

nope, its just across the bay from Auckland, but as soon as I get a car I'm gonna mosey on down to Taupo for a wee photoshoot! It beautiful there, you've been?

maybe just try a different time of day?
I really love twilight, i'm in the zone then (pardon the really awful pun). Just think I might have to play with the shutter speed/fstop a bit more to get more light. Usually @ 20:00 here is the best time to catch the lighting in the harbour.

levels/curves and then check the saturation

Try using the individual channels before you use the master setting & see how that works.

I've already manipulate the levels and saturation, if i did anymore, the photo would look really yuck. I think the curves might be the way to go on this.

Thanks doxx, surfingfireman, mdowdy & photobug for your comments and suggestions.. much appreciated and very very helpful.

Most reactions

Back