extra grainy and bright picture

cypilk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i took my camera out on a bright and sunny day to take pictures...and i was wondering why my all of my pictures were overexposed.. im guessing its because i used 400 iso.. .but i made up for it... i even set my camera on automatic to adjust all the speeds and aperature... .

most of the pictures were shot with 1/800 at 5.6 and 1/1000 7.1 , ..this was during a clear day in the afternoon...with no trees blocking sunlight.. ..

is it most likely my iso?..

no i dont think the iso was the prob seeing as how i just shot about 6 rolls of 400 on a bright day at the grand prix and all of em came out fine... thats just one of many brightdays with 400 (just using it as an example) if u were in bright sunlight i think ur fstop was to big at 1/800 in bright sun i would imagine a smaller apperature than 7.1 so what im blaming it on is a bad batcxh of film it happens i see it all the time at work... motha fuggas try to blame it on me and i tell em to go away hahah

It's POSSIBLE that it's your camera as well. It may need to be repaired. Go to one store and buy a new roll of film. Then go to another store and do the same. Shoot 'em and see what happens. If they're both over exposed, I'd have someone look at your camera. It's happened to me.

It may be the light meter in the camera. Do you have another camera to compare the exposure to? You don't even need to take a picture. Just point them both at the same subject (with the same focal length) and see if they set the aperture and shutter for the same exposure.

What kind of camera is it? Did you process the roll yourself? Do the negatives look overexposed or just the prints?

I dunno, to me, f/5.6 and f/7.1 seem much too large an apeture on a bright day with 400 speed film, unless you are using a ND filter?
I was out yesterday with 200 film and my camera wouldn't let me shoot at f/8 (max shutter on it is 1/1000 and it won't work at all if there's a chance of overexposure)

well..i'm using a new nikon f100 ..so i don't know if its the camera's problem... i DID get them developed at rite aid..so maybe that was the problem... i don't know...photography..is sooo hard.. =( =( =(

cypilk said:
well..i'm using a new nikon f100 ..so i don't know if its the camera's problem... i DID get them developed at rite aid..so maybe that was the problem... i don't know...photography..is sooo hard.. =( =( =(
What do the negatives look like? Are they really dark?

nonoon..i think i figured it out.. .its because of the differences in light....i have dark on one part and light on another part... so i guess...the camera automatically adjusted an average.. and the negatives are somewhat medium dark...not too dark...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back