Extreme fishermen

The Empress

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Both of these were taken at different points of Cape Zanpa, Okinawa, Japan. Both locations are extremely hard to get to but these 2 men didn't care :)

This one is about 300 yards out on the coral/rock and it is all very steep and very sharp (i have the cuts to prove it ;) )
IMG_5673.jpg

This man had to be in his 70's and was down on this little ledge on a very steep cliff, with cooler and umbrella haha
IMG_5718.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C greatly appreciated :)

What the heck do you have to do on this forum now a days to get any kind of C&C at all?!?!?!

It's tough around here sometimes!!...

Nice pic's.....I would add a little warmth to the pictures, they seem to have a bit of Blue colorcast. I would also straighten out the horizon a tad.
Good job......

Thanks for the comment! lol I have just been so frustrated lately because you post photos on here because you want to get better, and 100 people look at them and no one says a single thing. Use to the second you posted a pic people were C&C'ing and you would get a ton of feedback. Now the majority of posts have under a handful of comments, if any.
"Ranting over"

:D

Well I think you can apply some shallower depth of field to create more focus on the fisherman.

For the second one, other than the horizon line, I think you did some dodge and burn that creates a dark border between the rock and the sea.

Well I believe I would have gotten closer and at a better angle and make it about them , the photos do not have a focal point. Next time get over there with the fishermen and hang out for a bit. The action is when they have one hooked etc. 24mm I imagine would work best that close. Maybe a macro to get a close up of the fish hooked if they get one.
-
Thanks for sharing and shoot well, Joe

I think that there isn't much to be said here because it isn't obvious from the picture what the viewer should be interested in.

We can't see the fisherman's face, he's not in any interesting pose.
The picture doesn't tell us much of anything beyond bland sky, bland sea, man we can't see, perhaps fishing.
This is not exactly a picture of struggle, danger, grace, beauty or anything; it's a shot of rocks and water and a guy.

The horizon is tilted a bit and there may be dust bunnies on the sensor.

Most reactions

Back