Extreme HDR thread...post your photos here.

slackercruster

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you have any extreme HDR shots, feel free to add to the thread.

Didn't know what to call this thread. So hope the title describes it OK. I was in correspondence with a a photographer that inspired me from when I first started photography in the 1970's....Les Krims.

He had sent me these 2 photos in an email. Said he uses a 40mp camera and uses HDR / PP for 'the' effect. I'm just barely getting into HDR myself. From what I had gathered on the forums, HDR devotees try to make their photos realistic and not showcase the HDR effect. Well, Les was always different and his current 'exagerated' HDR work really stunned me.

In the 1970's Les was way ahead of his time, a genius. Now, 40 years later...still a genius.

139-WavingWomanTowelHead.jpg

99-HDR.jpg

Photos are not mine, they are by Les Krims

Last edited:
#1: Really, the only thing I can think is... My god that woman's armpit is scary. And it's right in the middle of the photo!

Otherwise, there are a lot of great expressions in that image.

Remind me of lucis art stuff.

certainly have a sense of depth.

#1: Really, the only thing I can think is... My god that woman's armpit is scary. And it's right in the middle of the photo!

Otherwise, there are a lot of great expressions in that image.

I am with you that arm pit looks stanky and nasty......I don't like looking at that picture because "its all up in yo face".

wait a minute! You said these were done 40 years ago? Her cell phone isn't more than a few years old.

edit: I must have mis-interpreted your statement. You meant he has been a favorite of yours for 40 years and recently produced these images, right?

Last edited:
wait a minute! You said these were done 40 years ago? Her cell phone isn't more than a few years old.

edit: I must have mis-interpreted your statement. You meant he has been a favorite of yours for 40 years and recently produced these images, right?

Nope, 40 years ago his stuff was monochrome. Sorry for the confusion. I edited it to make it read better.

Yeah, ok. That first one reminds me of the 70's sitcom "Good Times" starring JJ Walker. LOL, funny stuff.

Here are some of my extreme photos.
HHR.jpg

Roman_Horse.jpg

vatican_real.jpg

Nice work!!

Esp like 1 and 2.

I like the looks of your work JRE.

Slackercruster I think there is a rule here about posting someone else's work. You can post a link to their work, but not the actual work itself. I guess we will see what happens after a mod sees this. As for his style, well his post processing is ok, but he could use a lesson or two on composition, in my opinion.

I like the looks of your work JRE.

Slackercruster I think there is a rule here about posting someone else's work. You can post a link to their work, but not the actual work itself. I guess we will see what happens after a mod sees this. As for his style, well his post processing is ok, but he could use a lesson or two on composition, in my opinion.

Don't know? Never had issues on other fourms and have posted many works from other photogs.

What is the difference if you are at my house looking at a photo on my 'puter or I email it to you on the other side of the world or on a forum?

If it is not allowed, they can remove it. Don't have a website link to it, so could only provide the low res image.

nice work jre. heres a few of mine.

1.$A_Hazlewood-4933_4_5_6_7_8.jpg
2.$A_Hazlewood-5224_5_6_7.jpg
3.$A_Hazlewood-5325_6_7.jpg
4.$A_Hazlewood-5914barnhdr.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back