Extremely exciting news!!!

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Ohh man, no one is on MSN right now so I have to rant here a bit.

Okay, a little bit of background: my sister (who is three years older than I) has a best friend of ten years, named Julie. Growing up I had a crush on her for about six years, lol. She's incredibly gorgeous, amazingly talented, and very sweet.

AND WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!

No I'm kidding. But anyway, she's attending pretty much the most prestigious music school in America, which is in Boston (gosh I can't remember which one though, lol) right now, because she has literally the most gorgeous voice I've ever heard, and she's the most talented pianist I've ever met. Her voice is right up there with Tori Amos, in my opinion. Although more refined and just...beautiful. Annnyyhoo, she showed up on my doorstep an hour ago. I haven't seen her in almost a year, so it was nice to see her. She came in and we chatted for an hour.

Now, it's been a dream of mine for over a year to go to Boston and New York on a photoshoot, and I wanted to do it this summer. Unfortunately, I don't have a job right now so I figured it was a lost cause, because there's no way I could save enough to spend a week in hotels down there and pay for food and plane tickets and all that.

Well I was talking to Julie and she mentioned how much I'd love it and so I told her my dreams... and she offered to let me stay at her apartment for a week in August! So mid August I'll be going down to stay with her and she's going to take me all around Boston, Manhatten, and a hundred other places she wants me to see! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am SO thoroughly excited, because this means that all I have to pay for is food and transportation. I can get the tickets round trip for a little over $250, and there's a chance that tomorrow I may be able to get FREE tickets from my aunt!!!

So :mrgreen:

photobug said:
SCORE!!!

On several levels. ;)

Ha! Definitely no score on the implied level... she's been dating a really great guy for three years and I wouldn't wish them apart for the world. She's in Boston and he's stationed in San Diego in the Navy and is about to ship overseas for a very long time, and they're still going strong. =)

That's awesome! You'll have a blast :D

How cool! Boston's a nice town. I bet you'll love it there and in NYC.

BTW, I think the music school is probably the Berklee college of music. Does that sound right? I know it's well-known and it's in Boston, so I figure it's probably that one.

Unimaxium said:
How cool! Boston's a nice town. I bet you'll love it there and in NYC.

BTW, I think the music school is probably the Berklee college of music. Does that sound right? I know it's well-known and it's in Boston, so I figure it's probably that one.

Yeah, that's the one I'm thinking it was, although I'm not 100% positive.

Verbal, that's awesome. Have a great time. NYC's a little far, but if you decide to come all the way to Maryland, and Batlimore, let me know.

Have a great time, and behave...unless you don't want to. I mean if said boyfriend in overseas, she may need a little consoling...if you know what I mean, wink wink, nudge nudge :)

Seriously, have a fab time, and make sure you take her for a nice dinner as a thank you gift. I can ask my aunt for places in NYC if you want.

Right on Verb! You have yourself an awesome stay down there in August! Merry Christmas!:mrgreen:

If it's about jazz and pop music then it's Berklee, if not, then it might be New England Conservatory. In any case, Boston is a grrrrreat city, having lived there for 2 yrs. Enjoy.

Mitica100 said:
If it's about jazz and pop music then it's Berklee, if not, then it might be New England Conservatory. In any case, Boston is a grrrrreat city, having lived there for 2 yrs. Enjoy.

Okay it's NOT Berklee. It has "Boston" in the name, but that's all I can remember. I guess it's not quite as prestigious as I thought, but aparently it's still great. I gotta tell my sis to get her facts straight. =P

If it ain't Berklee or New England Conservatory then it could be the Boston University. Either way, good school.

Most reactions

Back