Extremely worried!

Jamie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, but I thought this would fit my query the best. My name is Jamie and I come from Suffolk, UK.

I bought a Nikon F65 about 6 months ago and have shot several rolls of film. However, last Friday was my last day of High School and I brought along my camera, flashgun and 12 rolls of film to get lots of photos as memories of my time there. I shot my first roll and it rewinded fine, so I took it out and loaded my next film just like I'd load any other film. I shot my 36 photos and bam.. it didn't rewind. I checked the manual and it said I had to take the batteries out, put them back in and hold down two buttons simultaneously, so I did this. I heard a screeching sound from inside the camera - it did NOT sound good. Since I needed to put another film in for the final speeches, I had no choice but to open the back and spoil my film. I opened it and found the film wrapped around the spindle on the right: most of the film was wrapped around it. I had to unwind it and then throw it away. I put in another film and shot my photos and it rewinded perfectly, but I am left worried in case it happens again and I will lose all my photos.

Is this just a one-off? Or need I need to get the camera checked out?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Jamie

im no expert, but that cant be good. i would get it checked out or at least consult your local shop...quickly.

md

I think most of the cameras have a 1-year warranty, so definitely get it checked out. If it did it once, it is likely to do it again.

It is possible that the film just didn't catch on the gear correctly, but it sounds like a bigger potential problem.

Get it checked out so you lower the risk of losing any more great shots!

Chase

P.S. Welcome to the board!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back